Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

no I won't sign for my DD to be turned into a whore.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 518 Replies

Poll

Question: show your support.

Options:

I'm with you.

sorry I disagree

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 677

View Results

Okay I exaggerated in the title but not by much . My DD's class ( high school freshman) is teaching some liberal inspired sex class . I know it talks about masterbation and how these minors get can not just birth control but abortions too. I'm outraged and there's no way I will allow it! I'm furious that even though I will never allow her to go to that class and have taught her that sex is for marriage only she will still no doubt hear from others . Its disgusting that schools are calling this teaching! When did the damn liberals take over our used to be terrific school ?? I thankfully think there won't be many kids allowed to attend and all of my DD's friends come from good families who share our morals . Its no wonder though that so many girls become whores now a days and end up pregnant or murdering their babies with the schools blessing it seems. Ugh I'm sick over it and see if I can't get them to start teaching abstinence only ! Hip fully when they see how few are in the class they'll realize how wrong and disgusting this curriculum is. That's all .

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:57 AM
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:59 AM
5 moms liked this

There is a paid underage sex ring in your area?  Maybe families are not as stable as you think.   I would allow my child to go so she could learn things.    I learned these things in school after my mom read a book with me about growing up.  It did not make me sleep around with every guy i saw.

booaura
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:59 AM
37 moms liked this
Lol! Your poor daughter. You do realize abstinence only has been proven to NOT work? Get with the century, silly woman. Or, if you want to live in the dark ages, get off the computer.
Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:00 PM
4 moms liked this
Can't you sign them out from avoiding those classes? I am beating the school to the sex talk with my kids and if I don't like the curriculum I will probably withhold them from the classes. I just don't think the school should be the sole teacher for this. Their std pictures made me never want to have sex lol but otherwise their values didn't affect me in choosing when to have sex, my parents did.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:02 PM
19 moms liked this
That's super smart-let's just tell a teenager no and it won't happen vs let's educate to make sure if it's going to be done, it's done safely. But hey let me know how beautiful the view is under all that sand.
zacmacsmomm
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:03 PM
2 moms liked this

LOL my daughter just finished sex ed, they talked about diseases, pregnancy and BC.  She brought home a questionaire every day to ask me about.  Was truly amusing. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:03 PM
3 moms liked this
My DDs could take it if they wanted but I probably would have already have covered most of it at home.
Twix.Leigh
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:03 PM
29 moms liked this
You realize that a large number of the girls getting pregnant are the ones taught abstinence only, and not educated on what is available to them? Not teaching kids about birth control and abortions is why girls end up pregnant and killing or abandoning their babies.
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:04 PM
6 moms liked this
Let me know how being an early grandparent goes.
Rhodin
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:05 PM
You have way more influence over your DD than a half hour health class that's most likely taught by a coach that has to teach so many hours a week to keep coaching or an education major that's only being paid in college credits. I used to openly do homework for other classes in mine and I still got an A.
Jozemom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:05 PM
8 moms liked this

Get with the times!!! If your daughter doesn't learn about how to put on a condom or how to go about terminating a pregnancy how on earth will you prevent her from becoming a teen welfare mom? Abstinance? good morals? Self respect? You know those are dirty words in today's society and no teen can ever be expected to live up to such high standards, we can't give then that kind of credit. You really need to be careful, if you keep up this kind of dialogue with your daughter she just may end up having a healthy, positive view of herself and respect for the opposit sex! 

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)