Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son has a birth deformity!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:07 PM
  • 271 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

So my son, Leon is 2 months 21 days. He was born with a deformaty of the toe. He has half an extra big toe! All the women that seen him go goo goo over it. All the men thinks it's awesome and a litte weird. We are trying to get a refurral to get it x rayed and removed before he gets to walking stage and need shoes. Was your daughter/son born with deformaty? If so were and what kind?

The doctors think the way his toe is separated is because he kept putting his left heel between his right big toe and pointer toe. When we put it like that it lines up perfectly.
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Arwen had trisomy 18 and was severely deformed and Izzy has a really deep acute sacral dimple.

Saydar
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:10 PM

My son was polydactyl. He was born with an extra thumb. We had it removed when he was 5 months old. It was a very simple procedure and I cried more than he did.

Good luck!

alexsmommy2010
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:11 PM
My son was born with an imperferate anus with a perineal fistula. Basically he was born without a butt and they had to surgically make one.
OnFire2014
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Mine weren't but this little boy I know is 4 and his thumb looks just like that.  The doctors don't want to separat. Everyone thinks his thumb is awesome as well and I swear that kid is one of the most beautiful kids I've ever seen in my life and he's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Smart !! (( Not that either of those things have anything to do with it lol )) He's just such a cool kid

lenashark
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:12 PM

My six year old son Abel has situs inversus, which means that all of his organs are on the opposite side of where they would normally be, but it doesn't cause him any problems, he is completely normal healthwise. My five month old son Firo has a heart murmur, but it's not a serious thing, it will close on it's own according to the doctors. Ariadne has no deformities at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:13 PM

My children don't have any but I have a big dent in my ribs on one side. I knew someone that had an extra part off her thumb on one side. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:14 PM
I'm very lucky. The only thing wrong with my daughter is she has a belly button hernia which they say will shrink down and be normal before the age of five and if it's not they will go in and fix it.

Hugs to all the mothers and children who were born with or have problems.
mom2_2542
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:14 PM
Awwww. Hope it doesn't affect his walking.
drowningmama
by vendetta on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:17 PM

No - heres a bump

drowningmama
by vendetta on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Thats interesting.  I always wonder if that could hapen.  

Quoting alexsmommy2010: My son was born with an imperferate anus with a perineal fistula. Basically he was born without a butt and they had to surgically make one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN