Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Looking for your craziest potty training stories!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 4:28 PM
  • 106 Replies

Did your little one not poop for a week and have to go to the hospital? Use their poop to "decorate" their room? What was your craziest moment during potty training? 

by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iluv2read
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Ugh, yes, my boys, 2 and 3, decided it would be a great idea to decorate the walls of their closet with poop rather than finishing their nap. I think the 3yo came up with the idea, but the 2yo was all-too eager to assist. I went in to check on them and found them naked on the hardwood floor (thank God for no carpet!), smearing poop all over the walls inside the closet. I tossed them in the bath and used a whole bottle of cleaner to scrub down the walls and floor in the closet while trying not to hurl. 

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Apr. 25, 2014 at 4:39 PM
3 moms liked this

I feel like I'm the only one who's kid never smeared their poop around lol. GLAD he didn't, believe me, but he just never did.

LovlyRita
by Meter Maid on Apr. 25, 2014 at 4:43 PM
2 moms liked this

Not me, but one of my daycare clients.  We were potty training and she would allow him to go pee outside.  I kept telling her it was a bad idea and one day she came in and admitted I was right.  They were at the mall when suddenly her son, dropped his pants and started to pee in one of the fountains.

aurora.dove
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 4:44 PM
3 moms liked this

Ha, I'm working on potty training now. Last night my DS was standing in front of the potty, and he kept putting the toilet seat down. I told him to please stop that, if it falls down and hits his penis it's going to hurt really bad. His response was very enthustiac.."Then I'll say "Owwwww Son of a BI**H" My mouth fell to the floor, He generally knows what words he can and can't say, and knows what words are bad words. I told him that wasn't a nice thing to say and Mommy needs to watch her mouth when she gets hurt lol. I definitely try to watch my mouth when I'm around him, but when you slam your foot into a wall, or bang your head on a cabinet door, sometimes you just can't hold back. After I walked out of the bathroom, I nearly died laughing though. 

Gorilla_Mama
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 4:46 PM
5 moms liked this

My dd1 had just recently finished potty training, we were almost home and she pipes up that she has to pee. I ask her if she can hold it and she says yes. We get home she dashes out of the car and runs inside. As I'm getting dd2 out of the car she comes running back out, drops her pants, squats and pees in the driveway. When I asked her what she was doing she declared "daddy's in the bathroom!" I said "We have more then one! Why didn't you use mine?" She said "Oh, I didn't think of that" pulls up her pants and bounces off back inside.

Emilyx3
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 5:00 PM

My child just looked me in the eye and peed on the floor. We're working on it. D:

leeshuh
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Haha! The things kids pick up....

My son was 2 and actually did drop the toilet seat on his penis. The poor kid was bruised. =(

Quoting aurora.dove:

Ha, I'm working on potty training now. Last night my DS was standing in front of the potty, and he kept putting the toilet seat down. I told him to please stop that, if it falls down and hits his penis it's going to hurt really bad. His response was very enthustiac.."Then I'll say "Owwwww Son of a BI**H" My mouth fell to the floor, He generally knows what words he can and can't say, and knows what words are bad words. I told him that wasn't a nice thing to say and Mommy needs to watch her mouth when she gets hurt lol. I definitely try to watch my mouth when I'm around him, but when you slam your foot into a wall, or bang your head on a cabinet door, sometimes you just can't hold back. After I walked out of the bathroom, I nearly died laughing though. 

aurora.dove
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 5:12 PM

It scares me! I saw a story on here a while back about someone who's little boy did this, and was nearly done potty training and after that refused to go anywhere near the potty. I imagine it was insanely painful! poor kiddo! 

Kids do pick up on everything!

Quoting leeshuh:

Haha! The things kids pick up....

My son was 2 and actually did drop the toilet seat on his penis. The poor kid was bruised. =(

Quoting aurora.dove:

wolfybaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 5:37 PM

i thought i was the luckiest parent, my daughter never played with her poop and rarely had any gross accidents while potty training. but the other week, at over 2.5 years old [and 90% potty trained], i come in to find that she had attempted to clean the toilet after she pooped. but it wasnt flushed yet. and it was a lot of poop. the toilet was *brown*..all of it. the entire toilet. the brush looked like a glob of poop. somehow she did not have any on herself. 

i had to throw the brush away and use an entire package of baby wipes. it was so gross. uhghghg. i had forgotten about that incident until seeing this post. thanks.

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 5:48 PM
2 moms liked this

One of my 3 year olds went poop and then looked at it and declared "It looks like a seahorse!!"  ok...........

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)