Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should I make an attempt to contact him......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
I haven't heard from my son's dad since December 18(eight days after my first ob appointment) should I make an attempt to contact him and fill him in on my due date and how the baby is doing so far......I tried in jan but to no avail.

I don't want anything from him, just trying to give him a chance to be in our son's life.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elyssa414
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Nah. He knows you're pregnant. Ignore him until he comes to you
ramita
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:13 PM
Has anything of yours changed, number, email, facebook? If not then I'd say when or if he's ready he'll contact you.
Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:13 PM

You don't want child support?

What about when you're on maternity leave?

Do you make that much money that you can be that independent?

carrollq21
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:13 PM
Does he know how to contact you?? If he did then he probably would have if he wanted to know. Sorry about your situation it's nice that your trying
Anouck
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Well, if you haven't heard from him in over 4 months, I think it's pretty clear he doesn't want to have anything to do with your pregnancy. You already tried once, and got nowhere. I would just leave it alone. It's not worth the aggravation. He knows you're pregnant, if he wants to be a part of this child's life, I'm assuming he knows where to find you. 

kmeow
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:14 PM

If he knows you're pregnant, I would just leave it alone. He would be in your son's life if he wanted, and it doesn't sound like he does. You can't force someone to be a parent. Sorry.

oryxx31
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:14 PM

If it will do something for you emotionally or something, go ahead. But I would probably leave it alone if I was through with him; he's aware of the baby and should contact you if it is important to him.

I'm sorry if that sounded harsh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:14 PM
He knows where I live but he hasn't been here since dec

Quoting carrollq21: Does he know how to contact you?? If he did then he probably would have if he wanted to know. Sorry about your situation it's nice that your trying
elzmnsf
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:15 PM

Has your number and address changed? Are you guys not speaking because you did or said something completely screwed up last time? No? Then no, just focus on you and baby, he's showing you how he feels. If you need to make amends or you fell off the planet and changed your contact information, then yes, try.

Lostinindy
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:16 PM
He doesn't care and sadly you can't make him. Just keep going forward. His loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)