Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Nasty germy kids!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I love my dd. I really do. She got pink eye Wednesday. I've brought her to the dr and got eye drops. I've been washing her hands like crazy. Trying to make sure she doesn't touch her eyes. (She's 18 months) Her eyes are clearing up. Looking better.

Mine on the other hand are itchy and watery and feel like something is in them. I looked in the mirror a minute ago and there's goopy stuff in the corner of my right eye. Yay me! I've never had pink eye before. I don't have insurance and I'm not going to the ER for frickin pink eye. Google says it could take up to 3 weeks to clear up without antibiotic eye drops. Ugh....
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this

And you're very contagious for that entire time period so don't plan on leaving or doing any errands for that time period either. 

3JuJu3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:12 AM

Sorry to hear that.  I hope it clears up soon.

kikibix
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sure I've seen over the counter drops by Polysporin brand for sale.  Also I think soaked tea bags help draw out the goop.  I've had pink eye long ago and it never was a big deal or lasted long, but I guess there could be different types?  Good luck.

SadiasMomma
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:13 AM
My pharmacy has a "minute clinic" that's cheap a quick. It's a Cvs. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:15 AM
According to google there are two types. Viral and bacterial. There's not much of a difference between the two. Same symptoms and both highly contagious. I think I'm going to try urgent care tomorrow.

Quoting kikibix:

I'm sure I've seen over the counter drops by Polysporin brand for sale.  Also I think soaked tea bags help draw out the goop.  I've had pink eye long ago and it never was a big deal or lasted long, but I guess there could be different types?  Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:15 AM
We have a cvs but I don't know if the one here does that. I think I'm going to go to urgent care in the morning.

Quoting SadiasMomma: My pharmacy has a "minute clinic" that's cheap a quick. It's a Cvs. Good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:16 AM
Thanks. Me too. The feeling that something is in my eye when nothing is there is really annoying.

Quoting 3JuJu3:

Sorry to hear that.  I hope it clears up soon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Ugh. I think in going to go to urgent care tomorrow. I've never had a reason to go there but it's better than the ER.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

And you're very contagious for that entire time period so don't plan on leaving or doing any errands for that time period either. 

Uhura
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:18 AM

Go to the ER and get some eye drops, or you're going to give it to everyone else and probably right back to your daughter.

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

curvygurl1912
by Renee on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:18 AM
Sorry, momma. Good luck and I hope its over soon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN