Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

wtf is this crap?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

so...............about 13 years ago i asked my husband what he likes/loves about me?  his answer was " youre a good mother and you hold down a job".  that always made me feel weird.  we stuck it out (though good and bad).  today i ask him, again, what he likes about me?  he answered "i will have to think about such a complicated question like that".  i said "you dont know off the top of your head what you actually like about me?".  we sat in semi silence for a while.  now he is in the shower.

we have been together over twenty years.  we get along great.  what would you do?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:19 AM

Are you having problems?
What answer were you hoping to get?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:19 AM
I have found that when my dh says the things he likes/loves about me of his own accord, they are genuine and sweet however, I have put him on the spot before and asked him and he wasn't as genuine or sweet.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:19 AM

Beats me.Good luck with that one.

Counseling maybe?

neveragain17
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:21 AM

no, we are not having any problems at all.  i was just wanting to see what others would do with this sort of response from a serious partner.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you having problems?What answer were you hoping to get?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:23 AM
I'd do nothing. It was an honest answer, which you were looking for I'm assuming.

Quoting Anonymous:

no, we are not having any problems at all.  i was just wanting to see what others would do with this sort of response from a serious partner.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:23 AM

true..... but that is wht there has been such a gap in me asking.  but after years without any verbal compliments i want to know what he likes.  

Quoting Anonymous: I have found that when my dh says the things he likes/loves about me of his own accord, they are genuine and sweet however, I have put him on the spot before and asked him and he wasn't as genuine or sweet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:24 AM

i wish.  he would never do that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Beats me.Good luck with that one.

Counseling maybe?

Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:24 AM
Umm. I'm really not sure, my df answered that question pretty well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:25 AM

I find sometimes in my mind I think, I love DH for this reason, that reason, this....and so I'll say what do you love best about me or whatever and he'll say "I don't know" or "You're funny" like it's just never occurred to him to think about me in terms of traits or something. If you're looking for some positive reaffirmation, tell him that but give him some process time to come up with some answers.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN