Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your kids birthday party is at WHAT time???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 83 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you go to a kids birthday party if it was at 8 am? ( non family member )

Options:

Yes, no biggie

No! who does that?

Maybe?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 169

View Results

I got an invite to a friend of mine - kids birthday party. Im a little annoyed that its at 8 am and I'm debating on not going. It might be mean, but its not a family members party. She is having it at her house, so its not like its the only time she can have it. Its odd to me that she picked so early to have it. Usually people want to sleep in just a little on saturdays. They dont want to have to rush in the morning, like you do on the weekdays, just for a birthday party. At least I dont. Do you think its perfectly fine to have a party that early, or is that sociably unacceptable?  

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:23 AM
That's a very odd time for a party. Maybe they're hoping not too many people show?
graciesmom914
by Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:24 AM

WTF!!! Your right who does that... on a saturday who wants to wake there kid up early and go to birthday party.. I know if I wake my daughter up to early she is crankty as all hell.. I wouldn't want to deal with her cranky all day at a party at that.. what is the reasoning for her doing it so early?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:25 AM
I guess weird times are the new thing? My BIL had a birthday party for his kid on a Thursday evening from 6-8 or 9pm.
What happened to noon on a weekend?.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

That is my only guess. I am wondering if anyone else is a little put off by that time. 

Quoting bluebunnybabe: That's a very odd time for a party. Maybe they're hoping not too many people show?

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:26 AM

No. I am not setting my alarm on the weekend for a friends bday party.

momwriter
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:27 AM

I think that's very strange. I wouldn't go. That's earlier than school starts for my youngest.

baquick
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:28 AM
That's super strange. I got crap for having my sons at 10:30 one year!
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:28 AM

We would never be up and out the door at that hour, except for a hockey game

hopeandglory53
by Amy on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Fuck no, I wouldn't, even if it was a family member's birthday party! That's too damn early. Shoot, most days, I don't even get up till 9 or after (because baby kept me up past midnight and woke up several times throughout night).

imthatgirl0607
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:30 AM

No. but not because I can't get out of bed....on weekends we're on the baseball field at that time. 

I love when we get invites for parties at 6 or 7 at night. I always thank the mom!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)