Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your kids birthday party is at WHAT time???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you go to a kids birthday party if it was at 8 am? ( non family member )

Options:

Yes, no biggie

No! who does that?

Maybe?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 169

View Results

I got an invite to a friend of mine - kids birthday party. Im a little annoyed that its at 8 am and I'm debating on not going. It might be mean, but its not a family members party. She is having it at her house, so its not like its the only time she can have it. Its odd to me that she picked so early to have it. Usually people want to sleep in just a little on saturdays. They dont want to have to rush in the morning, like you do on the weekdays, just for a birthday party. At least I dont. Do you think its perfectly fine to have a party that early, or is that sociably unacceptable?  

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Replies (21-30):
lasombrs
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:38 AM
My kids are up before 6 everyday on their own and never sleep in. Maybe hers are the same and she doesn't realize it's early? It is odd though. I would go though. I'd be up anyway lol
DoofusAloofus
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:38 AM

I have never heard of such a thing! Unless perhaps there was some sort of activity/event that they were planning on attending or incorporating into the party so it was more of a logistics thing. Otherwise uh no. Are they serving breakfast? weird.

nikkidedman
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:39 AM
We've been having our kids parties on weekdays around 5pm due to dh working weekend overnights (they are little and not in school and only family attends anyway.)

Maybe it is a work issue for them? Still 8am is very inconvenient. If it were me I wouldn't go.
DoofusAloofus
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I just thought of that... genius, actually, if you think about it...  "Awww, nobody showed up.... *shrugs* oh well, more cake for me!!" lol

Quoting bluebunnybabe: That's a very odd time for a party. Maybe they're hoping not too many people show?

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:40 AM
Are they serving bfast? Wth that is the oddest time to have a party.
Hope they didn't get their kid all pumped up for that party. Bet there are a bunch of no shows:(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:41 AM

During the weekdays we get up around 6-6:30 in the morning.  On the weekends we usually sleep in a little, and get up around 8 in the morning. But even if we get up early, I'm not going to be hustling out the door like I always do during the weekdays. Weekends are supposed to be leisurely time lol. Not for doing a mad dash like any other monday. 6 or 7 at night would be cool. 

Quoting imthatgirl0607:

No. but not because I can't get out of bed....on weekends we're on the baseball field at that time. 

I love when we get invites for parties at 6 or 7 at night. I always thank the mom!

WillsMOM72
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:41 AM
In the summertime I always have my sons from 4-6pm because its normally so hot here. I serve supper also. 8am is way to early. I wouldn't go.
lasombrs
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:41 AM
My sil does that every year :/ she plans shit on my son's birthday and his grandparents do whatever she wants and would skip his stuff so we have to plan around her for his day. Some people really do suck like that. But I don't plan the same day then I have to pick a day other then the real day. It is still odd

Quoting Anonymous:

Hell no im not going to wake my kids up early and have to drag them out of bed.. fight to get them dressed and ready on time so we can head out the door by 7. I have enough of that 5 days a week and I hate it. Saturdays are where you are supposed to be relaxed and not be rushed. She gave me no reason for it being that early. I guess she thinks its perfectly acceptable. She doesn't work, and her husband works only 4 days during the week. As far as other plans, IDK. But who makes plans on the same day as your kids party, forcing you to have it so early? If its something really important why not pick another day to have it? Thats just crazy to me lol. 

Quoting graciesmom914:

WTF!!! Your right who does that... on a saturday who wants to wake there kid up early and go to birthday party.. I know if I wake my daughter up to early she is crankty as all hell.. I wouldn't want to deal with her cranky all day at a party at that.. what is the reasoning for her doing it so early?

supreme_queen
by Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:41 AM
I'd probably go but wouldn't be happy about it. That is really a weird time.
imthatgirl0607
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:42 AM

With kids in sports we don't have that option. 

Quoting Anonymous:

During the weekdays we get up around 6-6:30 in the morning.  On the weekends we usually sleep in a little, and get up around 8 in the morning. But even if we get up early, I'm not going to be hustling out the door like I always do during the weekdays. Weekends are supposed to be leisurely time lol. Not for doing a mad dash like any other monday. 6 or 7 at night would be cool. 

Quoting imthatgirl0607:

No. but not because I can't get out of bed....on weekends we're on the baseball field at that time. 

I love when we get invites for parties at 6 or 7 at night. I always thank the mom!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN