Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sahm on welfare

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 199 Replies
Im on welfare because times are rough. Its none of your business what happened so dont start bashing. I am single and have no family or friends. I am planning on staying on welfare until my dd starts kindergarden in school. I was raped as a child and my dd was put in daycare when she was a couple of months old and one day i arrived and (not joking) this lady working there was yelling at my 6 month old and threw her in the playpen(not throw but she was rough)She was 6 months old! Imagine if one day she would of beat her because she couldnt control her anger. Anyways i took her out and because of my past and what happened i never want to put her in daycare again. I think as a mother ts my job to protect her. Thats my number one priority. Where i live there are alot of stories in the news as well about kids getting beat, raped, not fed well and having dirty daycares. I just cant do it. If i need to stay home until she starts school i will. Then i will go work for sure until i die. Shes now 1 1/2 and i still am scared to do so. She is the only thing i have in this world and i will not risk anything happening to her. Its my job to do what is best for her. I never understood moms on welfare being sahms but when your in their shoes and it happens to you , you understand.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Shrug
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Just try to develop or maintain some skills in the meantime for jobs later.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:59 PM
6 moms liked this

Sounds like you need to get some counseling for your issues so that you will be mentally healthy for your child.

krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:00 PM
6 moms liked this
I will never EVER put my children in daycare for those reasons. And the horror stories almost always come from "the best" daycares.
Dh works 40hrs a week and 24hrs every other weekend. I just got a job at night working 11pm to 4 am. My oldest os starting prek and youngest is almost 4mo old. In 5yrs ill make use of my degree. I could never forgove myself for puting my kid in a potentially harmfull situation so i could work for an extra 5yrs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:01 PM
4 moms liked this

Part of being a parent is providing for your child.

Maybe get some help with your mental/emotional problems and you will be able to be a better parent.

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:02 PM
2 moms liked this
Honestly after reviewing my states child care assistance income limits and running some basic math... I can't really judge anymore in most cases. It's prohibitively more expensive to work within a certain income bracket.
curvygurl1912
by Renee on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:02 PM
2 moms liked this
You have to do what you feel is best for your family. This is a great time for you to do volunteer work and take your daughter so that you can teach your dd the importance of giving back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:05 PM
2 moms liked this

Get an education while staying home.  Then you will have some skills to use to get a job instead of receiving handouts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:06 PM
I was looking into that. Are you actually allowed to bring your child?

Quoting curvygurl1912: You have to do what you feel is best for your family. This is a great time for you to do volunteer work and take your daughter so that you can teach your dd the importance of giving back.
othermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Not all day cares are bad, you just have to look around and find a good one. It is tough though to send them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN