Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

measles outbreak in my state because of parents not vaccinating their kids (edit)

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 2:13 PM
  • 237 Replies
3 moms liked this

I am not sure if anyone has posted about this because I havent been on but I am pissed about it. now I have to worry about where we go and eat because of parents not vaccinating their kids. thanks. I never had a problem with parents who dont before because its their life their business but now it is my business. ugh.

your thoughts?

edit; the reason I am upset is because I have a six month old that has not yet had that shot because they dont get it until 12 months so yes there is a reason to be upset and yes we are all vaccinated including my husband and I

by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trouble90
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 2:14 PM

I cant post the link to the post can someone do it please?

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 2:14 PM
16 moms liked this
Vaccine preventable diseases making a resurgence is never a good thing and leads to tragedy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 26, 2014 at 2:15 PM
What state?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 26, 2014 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Hmmm
LectioDivina
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 2:16 PM
11 moms liked this
Actually it's because people who got vaccinated didn't show symptoms then spread it to other vaccinated people who didn't have as strong an immune system.

The people that get it without being vaxed usually stay home, and stop the spreading of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 26, 2014 at 2:17 PM
11 moms liked this
I know how you feel. I have one immune compromised child and an infant due in September. I've stopped taking my kids to fun activities, took them out of dance and gymnastics, we don't even allow play dates. Measles can kill my compromised child.

Non-vaccinating parents didn't bother me before either, but if my child contracts it and dies, every single one of them that do this by choice and not medical necessity are murderers in my eyes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 26, 2014 at 2:17 PM
7 moms liked this
Parents who don't vaccinate are IDIOTS. So now they put us all in jeopardy
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 26, 2014 at 2:17 PM
Get your family vaccinated and you have no worries.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 26, 2014 at 2:18 PM
13 moms liked this
Actually if you did your research you'd know the cases that started this outbreak were due to unvaccinated people traveling to countries where outbreaks are prevalent and having contact with large amounts of people before showing symptoms.

Quoting LectioDivina: Actually it's because people who got vaccinated didn't show symptoms then spread it to other vaccinated people who didn't have as strong an immune system.

The people that get it without being vaxed usually stay home, and stop the spreading of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 26, 2014 at 2:18 PM
14 moms liked this
But if your vaccines work then what are you upset about?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN