Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

BM wants my admission tickets...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: how should the tickets be handled? please read the whole post before voting because it explains where these tickets came from and that BM might just waste them if she gets her hands on them!

Options:

us keep all of them and continue letting the kids take friends when the stepkids can't go

give bm 4 of them, even though we need 6 when we don't have the stepkids

only give bm 2 of them, covering the stepkids

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1556

View Results

I want to make it crystal clear from the start, BM does NOT allow even one minute more than the court order allows.  DH has his kids every other weekend from Friday 4pm to Sunday 4pm.  Wednesday 4pm-8pm.  Holidays are set in the court order with specific times.  He gets two weeks in the summer, the same two weeks every single year.  He can only take the out of state during his two weeks in the summer.   

BM does not allow him to call and talk to them because it isn't in the court order and the judge said that was a "petty request on DH's part" so he didn't order the phone calls.  

He pays his child support faithfully, never missed a payment and pays all other expenses according to the court order.

Now that this is clear that BM only allows in what is in the court order, I am SICK of being told I shouldn't do things with my kids when the stepkids aren't here.  My sister in law works for a promotions company.  She scores free tickets to things quite often.  I can't control the dates that they fall on.  They are usually only valid a certain weekend.  She makes sure that I have enough to take the stepkids, every single time, but BM refuses to allow us to take them on *her* weekend, yet screams and rants and raves when we do anything without the stepkids.  She has found out that we have been using the tickets and going without the stepkids.    

We have asked each and every time we got tickets if she would allow us an extra weekend or to switch weekends and each time she has cussed DH out reminding him that he has a set weekend and to stop making plans for HER kids on HER weekend.  I guess she thought if she was saying no, we weren't using the tickets at all.  

Now that she has found out, she has called DH 10 times today (no exaggeration) to scream at him for not taking HER children.  If the tickets are only valid on certain dates, they're only valid on certain dates and we CANNOT change that.  So she is now demanding that every time MY sister in law (married to MY brother!) gives me tickets to something, we need to give her half (4) of them so she can take the stepkids if it falls on her weekend.  NO.  I get 8 tickets.  We need 6 just for the people that live here.  When the stepkids can't go, I let my older two kids take a friend each.  

DH is now wondering if we should at least let her have the two tickets since they were given to us for them.  I say no, my sister in law gives me tickets.  They're mine to use as I see fit and they are NOT BM's to demand.  And her giving me 8 tickets is NOT just because that is how many we need, she has always given me 6-10 tickets to take friends before I ever got married or had kids.  

What do you all think?  Oh, and I am going to add that most likely BM would NOT take the stepkids, especially when it is for things like Monster Trucks, MotoCross, races, etc.  Those are "redneck" and beneath her (she makes fun of us on facebook when she knows we have taken the kids to those things) so those tickets would go to waste.  She hates the waterpark (we get tickets there every month or two) so she probably wouldn't use those either.  The only ones she would use are maybe concert tickets. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2014 at 5:45 PM
Replies (11-20):
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Apr. 26, 2014 at 5:50 PM
4 moms liked this

I think you letting your kids take friends when step kids can't go is reasonable.  BM is being ridiculous demanding you not go because she won't let you take the step kids.

msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 5:51 PM
2 moms liked this
I think BM should get bent and DH should grow a pair. Either the tickets are yours or BM allows the kids to go without her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
km1970
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 5:52 PM
2 moms liked this

Keep the tickets. They were given to you. It isn't your responsibility to provide entertainment for the kids. If the activity falls on your weekend with the kids, then take them. If it doesn't you have the extra tickets to do with what you want.

Momma51714
by Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think she should get any! I think she is being completely ridiculous. I would take her back to court and tell your husband to fight. I'm getting ready to get married and his mom (my soon to be mother and law) has 3 step children and my wedding happens to fall on the bms weekend however their father called the bm explained and she is letting them bring them to the wedding
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 26, 2014 at 5:52 PM

No.  Your family gives you the tickets, they're yours to use.  I would stop communicating with her over these things - if you have the kids, take them.  If not, she doesn't need to know that something is going on since she won't let you take them anyway.

Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

No they are your tickets, BM can go get some fucking therapy.

Smokeygirl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 5:53 PM
3 moms liked this
Sh sounds... Pleasant... If keep offering and then keep letting the kids take a friend. Someday the Kids will see her for what she is :/
mich2.0
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 5:53 PM
This. There is absolutely no reason you should give her your tickets, especially when she's so uncompromising.

Quoting B1Bomber:

Keep the tickets. Continue to offer to take your stepkids each time. Let her be the bad guy, even if they don't know about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 26, 2014 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Tell her to fuck off and then once she's done that to fuck off some more lol.
lasombrs
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 5:53 PM
3 moms liked this
Your tickets. Screw her. His friend or family member giving them out would maybe be a different story. You aren't related to her so you owe her nothing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)