Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

moms of mixed babies, come in here ETA Picture of dh and I

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:28 PM
  • 304 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Have you ever gotten rude comments while out in public? I was out with dh and all 5 kids today. Some lady who worked at Wal-Mart felt the need to come over and talk to me admit my kids. She commented on how my son looks just like dh (he's his lighter carbon copy...seriously). She then looked at my 6 month old and asked who her daddy was!!! Dh says "excuse me?!?!" To the woman. The question offended him. She apologized then said that my dd didn't look black so she thought my baby had a different father...I didn't even say anything. I just walked away. This is the second time in the last 2 months someone has had something to say about my children being biracial. I'm getting sick of it!

And btw, she looks like a perfect mixture of dh and I.

by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:29 PM
3 moms liked this
Those eyes are amazing!!!
Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:30 PM
5 moms liked this

How fucking rude! I don't understand how some people don't have filters for what they say. I would have let her know what I was thinking!

She is freaking adorable!!

Mommy_Jenx3
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:30 PM
Adorable!!! Love the curls. I have never gotten any comments. I am white and dh is mexican. All of our kids look white as can be, just with brown eyes and dark brown hair. Lol. They tan super easy in the summer though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:31 PM
5 moms liked this

I don't know where everyone lives who gets these comments.  My older dd looks more like her Dad and most people probably don't think I am her Mom, my youngest dd looks like me and nothing like her Dad.  Yet not once has anyone commented, stared or even really looked at us. It's truly no big deal. 

imakehimscream
by He screams on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:32 PM
She Is so cute. No I have never gotten any rude remarks. My dd looks like my twin though. When we go out people always say she looks like both of us
ladytweet
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:33 PM

omg ya i couldnt do it ! no one has yet to say anything but they always have dirty looks ! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids are mixed. The only comments I've gotten so far that annoyed me were about how black kids hair needs greese.
Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:34 PM
19 moms liked this
:') i get called the babysitter when I'm out with them and once i got " But you're Black" well yes lady, but my vagina can pop them all 50 shades of Light.
Ryanswifey42012
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:34 PM
She is so cute. Don't worry about what ignorant people have to say. You just have to ignore them. You have a beautiful family.
devoted31
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:34 PM

She is light but I wouldn't assume a damn thing about it lol! FYI your daughter is GORGEOUS! :) The only thing crazy I have had was an older lady asked me where I adopted my oldest from because he is mixed and pretty dark and I am very white lol. I just stared at the woman and said I didn't adopt him, he is my child. She apologized for it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)