Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

FIL driving me crazy

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 2:57 AM
  • 25 Replies
my fil is an old fashioned Mexican and is constantly having an opinion on how we raise our daughter, she is 2 months old. right before her 2 month check he said she was underweight. the doctor said she was low but wasn't concerned because everything else was right on schedule or advanced for her age. he wants us to give her sugar when she has hiccups and tells me if she wakes up crying she is hungry. she wakes up for a diaper change or because she is in pain (she's teething) every time she cries and isn't wet, cold or just lonely from being put down for a nap I feed her and she eats until she is done. It could literally be 5 minutes after she eats and she cries and he says she is hungry, and actually ends up having a dirty diaper. I'm just ranting because I know he means well but he drives me crazy sometimes
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 2:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rosesink
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 5:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Do you live with Him?  Sounds like to much time together, some distance will help.

booaura
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 5:05 AM
Tell him to stop, or don't spend time around him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugieboogieboo
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 5:07 AM
My grandmother was this way. I finally told her , " my baby, my rules. If you don't like it, we won't visit." She's still bad, but not as bad. She's 94, so I give her a little slack.
curvygurl1912
by Renee on Apr. 27, 2014 at 5:11 AM
If you dont establish firm boundaries with overbearing grandparents now, it will only get worse. You have to put your foot down now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 27, 2014 at 5:12 AM
Do you all live with him?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 27, 2014 at 5:20 AM
That is not because he's Mexican. That's just how some people think
vilandra
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:15 AM
no we don't live with him,

Quoting rosesink:

Do you live with Him?  Sounds like to much time together, some distance will help.

vilandra
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:17 AM
We do, and then I different issue will come up and we have to stay from ground zero.

Quoting curvygurl1912: If you dont establish firm boundaries with overbearing grandparents now, it will only get worse. You have to put your foot down now.
vilandra
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:20 AM
he believes the man is always right and the woman belongs in the house Barefoot and pregnant. even have ME a dirty look when hubby said HE wanted to get sniped after we are done with kids, (2 maybe)

Quoting Anonymous: That is not because he's Mexican. That's just how some people think
suzanneyea
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:21 AM

My mil has some very outdated parenting ideas. It can be very annoying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN