Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Grown men don't/shouldn't play video games!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 101 Replies

I disagree

What do you ladies think of this? I've seen/heard more then one person saying this. DH is 27 and plays.

Personally, I don't mind DH does (most of the time i don't mind). He works really hard so i can be a SAHM to our munchkins so i don't begrudge him a little relaxation time after work.We have a few old systems (N64, Super NES, Gamecube and the original Super Nintendo) and a few newer ones (wii, Wii U and PS3). He also has a few handhelds (3DS, DS, PSP) that he'll sometimes take along if we're going somewhere with a long wait (doctors office etc).

It never interferes with him watching/taking care of the kids or us spending time together. Also not an addiction and he doesn't zone out or play hours at a time (doesn't usually play unless the kids are sleeping)

He goes to work, works hard,comes home, and has friends over once a week. I don't think it's out of line.

Edit: A lot of ladies have mentioned they play with their DH, sometimes i do especially Mario Kart (racing) and occassionally NintendoLand. I also like the Uncharted series on PS3. I play Sims 3 every now and then as well on PC.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rocamom
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:03 AM
I think it's fine a song as it's not all he does when he's home. My hubby is 36 and still plays but not he often plays with our 10 year old. :) hehe
lovemercygrace
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:03 AM

My husband and I both play Swotor, We do not let it interfere with our real lives though.

dizzy91
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:04 AM

A lot of games are made specifically for adults. I play games, and it's a fun thing. I don't see how it's any different than relaxing by listening to music, going to a concert, fishing, watching TV, going to the movies, etc. It's an interest that entertains. Nothing different from watching a movie. 

People are uppity, though. They hear game and think, "OMG GAMES ARE FOR CHILDREN." Okay. Whatever. I won't stop playing games just because it makes someone else uncomfortable. 

Lvictorio4
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:05 AM
as long as is not all day, I don't mind but dh rarely has time.
AshlynnJadesMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:05 AM
Same. My hubby works hard and when he comes home sometimes he plays. We actually play together. We each have our own xbox so we can play games online together. I think handhelds would be to much for me tho. My brother does that and it drives me crazy that he doesn't interact while out in publiv because he is still playing games. My hubby is 27 also and playing his xbox is fine by me
aimlee
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:07 AM

my dh plays. he will usually wait until I fall asleep at night and then play an hour or two. 

LinnyAnne
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:09 AM
I don't care. Dh likes to play, so do I, and Ds does too.. it's fun, and we enjoy it.
readyforhim
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:11 AM

there is that one guy who can play for hours and not have one responsibility, those are the ones I think of that shouldn't play video games.

curvygurl1912
by Renee on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:15 AM
I am not attracted to men who game any more than casually. Thank God my exdh wasnt into it. Between his career and family, he spends his free time taking care of the house, vehicles and landscaping and his hobbies like soccer and running. He plays the wii with dd a couple times a month but thier favorite games are all active games.
CrossStitchMum
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:15 AM
My DH used to play a bit but luckily for me as soon as he gets stuck on a level of a game he tends to not touch the console for at least 6 months. He doesn't have the time usually anyway, he'd rather just zone out watching movies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)