Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I feel used by a man...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
I'm not sure what to do. I've posted this before but I was looking for more advice.

I turned on a cell phone for this man I was sleeping with because I'm an idiot! He pays the bill. That's no problem. The issue is that we no longer speak. He ignores me when I speak to him. He's rude when he replies.

Last week Friday we saw each other at a bar and left drunk together...yes I'm an idiot. In the taxi he told me to duck because he didn't want to be seen with me. That's been stuck in my mind ever since. That was what made me finally realize he doesn't deserve this favor I'm doing him.

But I message him and ask him to let's go put it in his name and he ignores me. I know it's easy to say just turn the phone but I can't. He has to finish paying off his iPhone 5s before it gets turned off.

My plan was...I would have to switch that payment plan to my number and I would have to pay the $50 every month meaning he will get a $250 iPhone 5s as that's all he's paid on it out of the $1000+. Then I could turn it off but I'll be stuck paying for the phone. He doesn't deserve this either.

So what should I do?
1. Keep the phone in my name until he misses a payment.
2. Switch the plan and turn his phone off now which would mean paying for his cell phone.

A friend I've asked says option 1 but I feel she's biased because she's dating his best friend.

Before you assume anything or are unclear about something please ask.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this

see him again get the phone, or call the cops and get the phone its your property

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:52 AM
He never let's me see him anymore. He avoids me like the plague,

Quoting Anonymous:

see him again get the phone, or call the cops and get the phone its your property

jujubear1
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:53 AM
Option 1. As soon as the contract is up turn it off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Got yourself into a pickle didn't you?  Wait until he pays the phone off or misses a payment and have it turned off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:53 AM
Thank you. :)

Quoting jujubear1: Option 1. As soon as the contract is up turn it off.
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this
If he misses a payment that could affect your credit. Shut the phone off pay the remainder and lesson learned.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:54 AM
Yes I feel like an idiot. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Got yourself into a pickle didn't you?  Wait until he pays the phone off or misses a payment and have it turned off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I read your first post a while ago, he is a pos. I would call the cops then since it is your property and he is refusing to give it back. I know we all make mistakes. You might need to take it to small claims court.

Quoting Anonymous: He never let's me see him anymore. He avoids me like the plague,
Quoting Anonymous:

mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:55 AM

Option 1.  

readyforhim
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:56 AM

I would also ignore him when you see him. Let him pay off the phone and you have learned a valuable lesson.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)