Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how would you handle this

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
My DH took a huge huge hours cut from work. He works in a factory and they cut most people. He went from 40-50 hours a week to 15! The told him hours will pick back up att he end of summer. I found a job but its only part time and min wage (7.25) he is looking for xtra work as well. Anyway, we applied for FS to help get us through the summer months, had the appointment and were told we qualified but the worker ccouldn't tell us for how much, that we would be getting a letter in the mail about the amount. She also said she needed a letter from DH job saying the hours cut wasnt a direct result of his actions (asking to be cut, poor performance etc) we got the letter took it up there and dropped it at the front office like we were supposed to.

The next week I callef since we had not heard anything. She called back saying the letter wasn't at the front desk...fine we do it again..a week later same result...by now im mad. I have HR fax the letter to her direct office line...yesterday in the mail we get a letter saying our case has been closed/denied due to non compliance. On the bottom she wrote we failed to return requested paperwork. Now qe have to reapply and wait possibly up to 30 days to even get an appointment. My mom said I should be there first thing Monday morning "raising hell" i don't agree with that but i am frustrated.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh I agree with your mom.
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:08 AM
2 moms liked this

I never drop things off. Always put it in their hands, especially with the government. Can you file a complaint?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:09 AM
Im a very very non confrontational person, I just dont see what good that would do.

Quoting Anonymous: Oh I agree with your mom.
bensmommy1
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:09 AM
I agree with your mom! I'd be pissed off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:10 AM
2 moms liked this
You can raise hell tactfully. Go there and physically point to the person you gave the letter to twice and find out WTF happened.

Quoting Anonymous: Im a very very non confrontational person, I just dont see what good that would do.

Quoting Anonymous: Oh I agree with your mom.
curvygurl1912
by Renee on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:10 AM
Your mom is right. Go up there, they should let you reaaply without waiting the 30 days
readyforhim
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:11 AM

I would ask to speak to a manager and explain the situation including if you know the name of the person who was at the desk when you dropped it off, but I wouldn't go in there fighting.

askmommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with your mom and you need to state the time/dates you dropped off the letters and faxes. Ask to speak to a supervisor. Get a receipt for anything else you drop off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:12 AM
You cant do that really. The way it works is you take it to reception abd each worker has a "box" and reception puts it in the "box" you dont actually see the worker unless you have a pre scheduled appointment. Even getting her to call back was a pain in the butt. I had to call for hours and hours.before she.finally returned my calls. Im just not sure who I would file a complaint with. I've never been through this so im kind of learning as i go

Quoting suzanneyea:

I never drop things off. Always put it in their hands, especially with the government. Can you file a complaint?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:12 AM
Welcome to my problem. I dropped off paperwork within the timeframe but got denied for the same reason. I have tried for a week to get ahold of my caseworker to no avail. Monday I am going to the office because it is BS.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)