Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Protective order to prevent a woman from getting an abortion?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 211 Replies
I was having a conversation with a friend of mines boyfriend last night. She's pregnant by him and his views on abortion came up. He said that if she were to think about abortion, he can go to a judge and get a protective order against her to prevent her from having one for thirty days. And if by any chance something did happen during those thirty days and she lost the baby then she could go to jail.

Someone fill me in here. I personally think that is ridiculous! They live in Oklahoma if that matters.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this
No clue, here's a bump because now I'm curious.
MrsErdos2011
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:35 AM
I doubt it. I could see if she wasn't in the state of mind to be making medical decisions but I think that's something that has to be proven.
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:37 AM
Huh??? Yeah I don't think so. She has every right to abort and he can't stop her.
Beyonce1
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:38 AM
Interesting?????
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Quoting AVSpecWife4: Huh??? Yeah I don't think so. She has every right to abort and he can't stop her.
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:40 AM
Oklahoma abortion laws: In Oklahoma, the following restrictions on abortion were in effect as of April 1, 2014:
A woman must receive state-directed counseling that includes information designed to discourage her from having an abortion and then wait 24 hours before the procedure is provided.
Abortion is covered in private insurance policies only in cases of life endangerment, unless an optional rider is purchased at an additional cost.
Health plans that will be offered in the state’s health exchange under the Affordable Care Act can only cover abortion in cases when the woman's life is endangered, unless an optional rider is purchased at an additional cost.
Abortion is covered in insurance policies for public employees only in cases of life endangerment, unless an optional rider is purchased at an additional cost.
The parent of a minor must consent and be notified before an abortion is provided.
Public funding is available for abortion only in cases of life endangerment, rape or incest.
An abortion may be performed at or after 20 weeks postfertilization (22 weeks after the woman’s last menstrual period) only if the woman’s life is endangered or if her physical health is severely compromised, based on the spurious assertion that a fetus can feel pain at that point.
nopenope666
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:40 AM
What? Uh, no....I SERIOUSLY doubt that. She has a right to abort if she so chooses. Sounds pretty ridiculous to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:41 AM

It is his child, too. Legally, there is nothing he can do, though. Having dealt with the fallout, though, she needs to understand that if she has the abortion, he will view it for the rest of his life as her having murdered his child. 

AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Nothing about boyfriends being able to to restrict a woman's choice by going to a judge.
happymommy1105
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:41 AM
3 moms liked this
Um I think that's an episode of svu not real life
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)