Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm done with men they dont want baby mamas

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 77 Replies
I have 2 kids from 2 different men and as soon as guys hear that, they either run for the hills or ignore it and just want sex from me. I am not a who're. I'm just no good for relationships it seems. I had a good life with baby daddy number 2 til he unexpectedly passed away. I never married. I'm 30 and women around me are taking the plunge and I'm happy for them. I admit it does suck I have to give up on men so early in my life and go celibate for that matter but it is what it is. They say most people have at least been married once, well that will never be me. I finally accepted to be ok with that and just be happy I am a mother and I'll never be alone. When my kids are grown, I'll be in my mind 40s and men don't want an old menopause hag so I'll consider buying birds than cats.

I was approached by a nice guy at work but unfortunately he was married and I kindly turned him down. If he was single,I'd probably still would turn him down cause he'd just want me for sex. I have trust issues with men since I've been cheated out of a good life as a complete family. But I have to keep telling myself I already am fulfilled because I have a good job and I have kids that love me and don't need a man. Could anyone relate or share anything that it is possible to go with life just a mom and a hard worker,never a wife, no more boyfriends?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:42 AM
3 moms liked this
Of course they don't, why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?
Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:44 AM
3 moms liked this
Ugh i hate hate haaaaaahate the term "baby mama" "baby daddy" that's just..... No doesn't make you look serious, like at all.
Anyways, well...... If my mom found a man who accepted her 7 children plus the 3 she took in you my dear will surely find yours.
Just don't go on a hunt for a man, when the time is right he'll come around.
kitty068
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with this. just work on yourself and loving you and eventually the right man will find you, accept you and your children.

Quoting Lilith23: Ugh i hate hate haaaaaahate the term "baby mama" "baby daddy" that's just..... No doesn't make you look serious, like at all.
Anyways, well...... If my mom found a man who accepted her 7 children plus the 3 she took in you my dear will surely find yours.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:50 AM
Sorry there was no other way to put it since I can't say ex husband's. Your mom was lucky but then again that was how many years ago she landed a good man? This century it seems very less likely for that to happen to me.
Quoting Lilith23: Ugh i hate hate haaaaaahate the term "baby mama" "baby daddy" that's just..... No doesn't make you look serious, like at all.
Patti-Gee
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Just because the dumbasses approach you, that doesn't mean you're only good for 1 thing.  Stop looking love will find you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:55 AM
The father of my children....

Quoting Anonymous: Sorry there was no other way to put it since I can't say ex husband's. Your mom was lucky but then again that was how many years ago she landed a good man? This century it seems very less likely for that to happen to me.
MonarchMom22
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry for the loss of your SO    Losing a partner is very hard, at any time in life.   And when you have small children to care for on your own it can be overwhelming.

You mention you have trust issues.  That would be a good thing to focus on and overcome.  When people don't trust, part of what they are saying is that they don't trust themselves to make good choices.  If no one seems trustworthy to you, you will never recognize a good partner when you meet them.  If you can work on this, it will make your life much happier and allow for a healthy, stable relationship.

Even if you think you will never, or don't want to have another partner, it will help in guiding your children in their understanding of  relationships and making a healthy choice.

We can't be happy with someone until we can happy and content with ourselves.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Maybe I'm better off without a man. I guess no one thinks they can live without a man.

Quoting kitty068: I agree with this. just work on yourself and loving you and eventually the right man will find you, accept you and your children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:58 AM
I understand where you're coming from. I can help my children when they get older but for me I just can't risk getting broken hearted again. Death or by being cheated on.

Quoting MonarchMom22:

I am sorry for the loss of your SO    Losing a partner is very hard, at any time in life.   And when you have small children to care for on your own it can be overwhelming.

You mention you have trust issues.  That would be a good thing to focus on and overcome.  When people don't trust, part of what they are saying is that they don't trust themselves to make good choices.  If no one seems trustworthy to you, you will never recognize a good partner when you meet them.  If you can work on this, it will make your life much happier and allow for a healthy, stable relationship.

Even if you think you will never, or don't want to have another partner, it will help in guiding your children in their understanding of  relationships and making a healthy choice.

We can't be happy with someone until we can happy and content with ourselves.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:59 AM
2 moms liked this
I was a single mom of two when I met my now dh. I didn't allow him to meet my kids until we were together for about 8 months. Maybe you should try going that route and also keep your knees ties together for the first few dates.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)