Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Parents need to act like parents, you are not the friend

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 138 Replies
30 moms liked this
Now I see why kids have no respect for adults and act the way they do. Parents want to be their kids friends. They are letting them do or say whatever they want without negative consequences. Everything now is abuse. Giving kids chores, grounding kids by taking things away ie toys, sports, tv, video games. Then when something bad happens the parent Is like I don't know went wrong.

I know what went wrong. You wanted to be the friend, you didn't want to set boundaries because your child is an individual and needs to be treated as one. I will never have the problems that half the women on here have. Want to know why? I'm the parent and I act it.

I cannot believe people would let their child's bf or gf spend the night from 13 and up, or let them smoke weed or any type of drug.

The generations that are coming up are doomed.

That is all. Oh and I don't want to hear the bs excuse that you let your kids do whatever and they are well behaved. We all know that you are trying to convince yourself that.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:05 AM
I agree 100%.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sfigu16
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:05 AM
I agree!

In high school, I knew this girl that her and the mom planned their pregnancy because it would be "cool" to have babies together

I mean come on!

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:05 AM
13 moms liked this

Some of us have learned how to balance having a dictatorship and allowing our children to have control over their own lives, helping them learn to make decisions for themselves as they get older. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:06 AM
2 moms liked this
Just to make a point,some kids act up regardless. But I agree.
AbelsMommy01
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:06 AM
I agree. My parents made exceptions for my brothers 100% of the time and now they have 2 sex offenders and a tweaker. For God knows what reason they were firm with me and I actually did turn out ok. For their double standard I don't talk to them, but I am okay.
Patti-Gee
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:06 AM

You act like its a new thing, it's not.  It's been around for decades.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:07 AM
That is just so sad smh

Quoting sfigu16: I agree!

In high school, I knew this girl that her and the mom planned their pregnancy because it would be "cool" to have babies together

I mean come on!

booaura
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this
This.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Some of us have learned how to balance having a dictatorship and allowing our children to have control over their own lives, helping them learn to make decisions for themselves as they get older. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:08 AM
To me it is, my parents didn't act like my friend and my friends parents didn't either.

Quoting Patti-Gee:

You act like its a new thing, it's not.  It's been around for decades.  

wldbry-magnolia
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:10 AM

I agree

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)