Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O - If you hate Wal-Mart......

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What is your reason?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:42 AM
Replies (21-30):
beachbunni307
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:48 AM
I don't hate Walmart in general, but I hate that ours is packed at any given time. There is no time or day that you can go there and know it won't be crowded.
drsmith94
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:49 AM
I work there so shopping there feels a lot like working extra hours unpaid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I love the ALL their products are cheap generalizations. Lol. Wal mart sells many identical name brands as other stores would.

Quoting Girlnboots: Over-generalizations of the entire company. I shouldn't have stumbled in here. I raised my family and supported myself entirely on a part time walmart salary. I have a soft spot for them.

Away I go!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:49 AM
3 moms liked this

They contribute to the destruction of the environment by forcing their suppliers to supply things as cheaply as possible, which means importing from countries with lax environment and labor standards.  They contribute to the decline in quality of products also by forcing suppliers to sell them things cheaply.  They are constantly sued by employeees for violation of labor standards -- refusing to pay overtime or for hours worked, etc.  They discriminate against a lot of employees and have been sued numerous times for discrimination.  They underprice competitors to force the smaller stores out of business then will raise prices.  They don't pay their workers enough -- they're subsidized by the government, because a huge percentage of their employees receive food stamps and other government assistance, since the company does not pay them a living wage.  The Walton family uses their huge profits to insure income inequality by donating a lot of money to politicians (especially Republicans) to insure that they do not have to provide benefits to employees, and pay the minimum in taxes.  

I refuse to contribute in any way to a company that uses their profits for so many destructive and harmful policies.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:49 AM
Yeah, we go out of our way to another Wal-Mart because that one... Well, it's a disaster in there. Raggedy kids, scantily clad chubby chicks and drug deals in the parking lot.

The other Wal-Mart is fine. I don't know wtf is wrong with the closer one, lol.

Quoting Anonymous: Lol what?

Quoting Danesmommy1: We call the closet Wal-Mart, Ghetto-Mart.
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:49 AM

The people. The employees are rude, the customers are even worse. Parking. Ugh. I avoid it at all costs unless I've got no other option. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:50 AM
They treat their employees horribly. Their stores are always a mess, even the brand new ones. Their employees are undertrained.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Wallcreatures!!!! I love it!!

Quoting Anonymous: Because if you go at 10pm, it's the time people start getting arrested there.
Because it smells weird.
Because it's full of walcreatures.
Because the employees growl at you for asking a question.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:51 AM
3 moms liked this
  • The stores are dirty
  • Long lines
  • Poor quailty products
  • they lower prices until they run the other grocery stores out of business and then jack up the prices
  • The employees are rude
  • The stores are never stocked well
  • The stench
  • They employees are welfare because they do not pay enough
  • Grumpy, lazy management
  • Did I mention the horrible smell?
  • The ghetto people who shop there.
destiny3513
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Dirty. Anti union. Ass hole employees. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)