Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you and DH/SO have a spacific TV show you both like...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

Do either of you watch it without the other?

I have known a few couples that have certain tv shows they will both like and watch together. Usually it is a show thats been on for years and they are watching the seasons on netflix or something. When I ask if they have seen XYZ season or episode, I always seem to hear that they haven't made it that far because their SO doesn't want them to watch it without them. Yet their SO, is usually to busy to watch tv at all or chooses to watch something else when they do watch tv.

The other day we were watching a certain show and a friend came over. He said he couldn't watch it because his wife would get mad. He said they have been watching it together for a while, but haven't gotten past the first season (out of 6-7) because she never feels like watching it when they have time together, but wont let him watch it without her.

DH and I have certain shows we both like, but we dont restrict each other from only watching them with each other. We would never see them if we did that. We dont get a lot of time together without DS around, so when we do, we usually do other things and then watch the tv show on our own time.

Would you get mad if your SO watched it without you or vise versa?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 27, 2014 at 12:58 PM
No, just don't delete it from the DVR.
KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Yes! We love watching our shows together. 

Hubris_Huntsman
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 12:59 PM

The only show that we would not watch without the other is Walking Dead.  The other ones don't really matter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:02 PM

But what if one of you were not in the mood to watch that spacific show for weeks or months? Would you get upset if he watched it without you? or the other way around?

Quoting KayelynnsMama:

Yes! We love watching our shows together. 

JakobsMom03
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:03 PM

LOL, nope. But we can't get mad with one another if one of us has to rewatch episodes because we did. We usually don't though, just giggle and watch the other's reaction to the big moments.

msb64
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:03 PM

We don't watch tv but do have several series on DVD or Netflix that we both enjoy.  We always watch together and yes, I would be disappointed if he watched an episode without me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:05 PM
2 moms liked this

We would jokingly get mad, but it's usually not a problem. When we are watching a show together we usually carve out time for at least one episode a day.

Aayla
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Eh, DH has watched a few episodes without me, but it's not really a show where if you miss an episode you're completely lost. Plus it's on Netflix, so I can usually go back and watch it on my own anyway. Or he's happy to watch it again lol

Godgaveme4
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:05 PM
I would not get mad but neither of us would do it.

When our kids are in bed then we sit and watch our show. It is something we enjoy doing together. We make spending time together a priority. We don't always watch TV but we do something together.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:06 PM

It's actually my daughter that's the problem! She's always too busy to watch with me but she gets real pissy if I watch without her :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN