Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just clean up your house ***Update***

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:19 PM
  • 39 Replies

I'm in the process of looking for an apartment.  While going through the ads (craigslist) there is a certain occurance that I have noticed.  Most of the ads that the agenices/posters put are of apartments that are trashed. Piles of clothes everywhere, unmade beds, a pile of dishes in the kitchen sink, towels thrown all over the bathroom.  Why would anyone post pictures like this? It just seems very odd to me.  

***Update*** Still looking for apartments and I found one with MOUSE TRAPS!!! An empty house with visible mouse traps in the corners of the rooms.  WHO in their right mind would respond to that?  

by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Gross!
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:21 PM
I'm running into this while looking for a house to buy. It's driving me insane. Clearly these people aren't very motivated to sell/rent.
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:22 PM
Oh! There was one house that had cats in every picture, and pictures of cats on the wall. All I could think was how that house probably smells like a litter box.
PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.: Oh! There was one house that had cats in every picture, and pictures of cats on the wall. All I could think was how that house probably smells like a litter box.

Yeah, crazy cat lady syndrome lol.  But honestly I wouldn't mind seeing a cat because I have one boy and Im having the hardest time finding a place that will accept him. I did see one apartment with a cat sitting on a HUGE pile of clothes sitting on top of a dresser next to an unmade bed piled with more clothes.  The mess was the turn off for me :/  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:29 PM
I've been having this issue looking for a house.... All the pictures are so cluttered I can't really see the rooms.
I'm go it through a realtor too.....
PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Quoting Anonymous: I've been having this issue looking for a house.... All the pictures are so cluttered I can't really see the rooms. I'm go it through a realtor too.....

Most of these pics are posted by a realty company :/  Another thing that bugs me, OPEN the shades so I can see if there is natural lighting or it really is a dark cave that I will be living in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Lol, yeah that'd be nice too. I wish they'd show the views the places had too. My apartment stares right into someone else wall.
We have 2 Windows in the whole place.

Quoting PhantomRose88:

Quoting Anonymous: I've been having this issue looking for a house.... All the pictures are so cluttered I can't really see the rooms.
I'm go it through a realtor too.....

Most of these pics are posted by a realty company :/  Another thing that bugs me, OPEN the shades so I can see if there is natural lighting or it really is a dark cave that I will be living in.

PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:37 PM

What I found is cool is that you can go to google maps and get a street view of the neighborhood you will be living in. I guess you could kinda get what you will be viewing from there. 2 windows??  I don't think I could handle that. I like my windows open and apartment bright. 

Quoting Anonymous: Lol, yeah that'd be nice too. I wish they'd show the views the places had too. My apartment stares right into someone else wall. We have 2 Windows in the whole place.
Quoting PhantomRose88:

Quoting Anonymous: I've been having this issue looking for a house.... All the pictures are so cluttered I can't really see the rooms. I'm go it through a realtor too.....

ajdahd13
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't wanna!!!!

Ok now to read the post.
ajdahd13
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:39 PM
Yeah that's gross.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)