Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just clean up your house ***Update***

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm in the process of looking for an apartment.  While going through the ads (craigslist) there is a certain occurance that I have noticed.  Most of the ads that the agenices/posters put are of apartments that are trashed. Piles of clothes everywhere, unmade beds, a pile of dishes in the kitchen sink, towels thrown all over the bathroom.  Why would anyone post pictures like this? It just seems very odd to me.  

***Update*** Still looking for apartments and I found one with MOUSE TRAPS!!! An empty house with visible mouse traps in the corners of the rooms.  WHO in their right mind would respond to that?  

by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Replies (21-30):
PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 4:30 PM

BUMP!

liltampa71
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Last time I looked for an apartment, I went through a Realtor.  Usually landlord pays.  This makes them motivated to rent and to good people.

ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 4:35 PM

i see this all the time when im scanning ads for furniture. bad angles and the room is a mess!!! or blurry pics.

mattsarmywife
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 4:36 PM
Same problem house hunting. We walked into one that had Barbie heads and planes hanging from the ceiling. Plus apparently everyone loves neon paint.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 29, 2014 at 4:36 PM

The people who are trying to rent out rooms find renters that make their rentals look like those pictures. Most renters don't give a shit about anything which is horrible because then good renters get treated like dirt because the landlord thinks all renters are trashy....yes, long run-on sentence.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 29, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Bump

PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Quoting liltampa71:

Last time I looked for an apartment, I went through a Realtor.  Usually landlord pays.  This makes them motivated to rent and to good people.

Majority of these pictures are posted by realtors

Chibee
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 4:39 PM

I'm sorry, but since yesterday I can't even read your responses.  When I see your sn and avi and all I see is abs.  BITCH.  =)   Damn you and your beautiful core!  lol

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.: Oh! There was one house that had cats in every picture, and pictures of cats on the wall. All I could think was how that house probably smells like a litter box.

liltampa71
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Wow, I'm surprised realters would want to represent their business that way.

Quoting PhantomRose88:

Quoting liltampa71:

Majority of these pictures are posted by realtors

tossed
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 4:47 PM

When I bought my first house, no one told me that many city housing agencies have home buyer workshops. I wish I had known because attending one would have helped me avoid a lot of mistakes. Be wary of brokers recommended by a realtor. My experience was that when I went with one, I paid way too much in interest. Some cities offer all sorts of assistance to first time home buyers. Also, please get a really good inspector...talk to more than one and don't just go with the guy the realtor knows. Once again, my experience was that the realtor picked one who would pass a house to up the likelihood of the realtor getting the sale. You want a tough inspector who will work FOR YOU and identify any potential issues. Then, you can decide if it is something that should be fixed. Shop around for homeowner's insurance. I found that the farm bureau had lower rates and the membership was $25.  I also strongly recommend getting a home warranty as part of the sale. It is normally paid for by the seller and covers the mechanicals if they break. We bought a lovely home and the heating unit had to be replaced and in the spring the AC broke. Our dishwasher also broke. For a small visit fee, the items were 100% replaced. I would have had serious issues if the seller did not include a warranty. 

Quoting Anonymous: When we spoke to the realtor we told him what we could afford. He then pointed us toward a mortgage type person, so we're going from there. It's cheaper to buy here.... So we are planning too. I'm paying 1200 for an 875 sq ft apartment.... and its fairly worn down. Anything better is waaay to expensive.
Quoting PhantomRose88:

I don't know anything about buying a house, but, I think you might have to get pre-approved to see how much house you can afford to buy. And then just go through the agency that is selling the house.  I wish I could buy. Rental prices are getting outrageous.

Quoting Anonymous: Its a small apartment but yeah lol. One in each bedroom. Our previous place had huge Windows, and lots of them, 5 in the living/ dining area.... With a view of a field that had deer on it quote often. I miss it lol. We found a house we want, but arnt sure how to go about getting it lol.... First time buyers.
Quoting PhantomRose88:

What I found is cool is that you can go to google maps and get a street view of the neighborhood you will be living in. I guess you could kinda get what you will be viewing from there. 2 windows??  I don't think I could handle that. I like my windows open and apartment bright. 

Quoting Anonymous: Lol, yeah that'd be nice too. I wish they'd show the views the places had too. My apartment stares right into someone else wall. We have 2 Windows in the whole place.
Quoting PhantomRose88:

Quoting Anonymous: I've been having this issue looking for a house.... All the pictures are so cluttered I can't really see the rooms. I'm go it through a realtor too.....

Most of these pics are posted by a realty company :/  Another thing that bugs me, OPEN the shades so I can see if there is natural lighting or it really is a dark cave that I will be living in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN