Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who else's kids are

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
Afraid of the weather when it storms?

My dd is 3 and is hates the storm, this morning its about 545 and she wakes up. She is screaming so I put her in ds bed so she feels more comfortable and dh got pissed and he text saying they are both up now. Saying hateful things to me. Idk what his problem is but he needs to get over it. I get up like 5:30 am to go to work and I don't get to go back to bed when I get home. Its part of parenting.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Mine normally sleep thru it. If they are awake, they like to watch the storms come in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:23 PM
Kids get scared sometimes dh needs to get over it or do something to help.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:23 PM
Oldest DD (4) loves them. Youngest is still a baby and doesn't seem to phased by them.
katemckenzie
by Kate on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:24 PM

No way! DS LOVES thunderstorms!

oliveoyl214
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:25 PM

My dd likes to hear the thunder & lightning storms. She thinks its cool b/c  she's learning about weather patterns and how it works.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:25 PM

My son used to be afraid of thunder and lightening.  Now he just says "Thor must be made at Loki".

caito
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:26 PM

My daughter isn't, but I was. It was so bad that my mom took me to counseling. I used to have horrible panic attacks during thunderstorms. Even now I can't drive in the rain, I panic if I have to be in a car in the rain. I'm fine at home. My mom got nervous when it rained, and her mom took her and my aunt into the closet to hide during storms. So I fucking wonder where I got my phobia from?????

But nah, my daughter doesn't mind stormy weather. I don't do weird shit like make her hide in a closet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:27 PM
My fur child but not human child
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:29 PM
DS sleeps through them.

why would you put your DD in your son's bed? Was he already awake?
babie113
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:30 PM
My son is hes almost 5 we are under a tstorm watch now and heard a few rumbles hes alread hiding in my bed
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)