Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Praising your husband for this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies
My cousin has been married 8 years and has 2 children with her husband.

She just posted on fb that after 8 years her husband still choses (and she capitalized the entire word) to wake up to them each morning and how much she loves him for it.

Is it just me or is that just a bit odd to be praising your husband for?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:54 AM
Yeah, that's odd. It's just what a good father does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlightlyPerfect
It is one of the highest forms of arrogance for people to assume they can bestow forgiveness on someone else for their own self-inflicted maiming.
Today at 2:59 PM
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 6:05 AM
4 moms liked this
I get her point. We all make choices. But when she phrases it like that, there's probably an underlying insecurity there motivating such a post. Otherwise, why bring it up? Why publicly praise someone for that?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Hadn't thought of it like that.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect: I get her point. We all make choices. But when she phrases it like that, there's probably an underlying insecurity there motivating such a post. Otherwise, why bring it up? Why publicly praise someone for that?
WaffleHead
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:03 AM
Seriously. There are some things that any decent person will accept as responsibilities when they have kids or get married
they are things you are supposed to. They don't need to be publicly praised like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindsey1126
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:03 AM
2 moms liked this
Um so do a lot of other dads even after 8 years. Whoopidy doo.
redneckmama4
by Loree on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this
People love to use fb to paint a beautiful picture of their life...nine times outta ten, it sucks lol.
JakobsMom03
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:04 AM

They might have just had a minor falling out and gotten past it, just a way to make him feel appreciated and supported. Considering how many stories you can find of men walking away from their families and what not... she might also just be feeling particularly blessed that he's not one of those too.

bensmommy1
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:04 AM
She needs to her some self esteem!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:05 AM
I don't know why, but when I see post that praise the husband/wife on FB there is a bad home life. I think it's because the couples that do it on my FB are in really awful relationships.
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:05 AM
Yea. I don't get why a lot of women are like "oh, he wakes up with the baby in the middle of the night" or "he changes diapers" like it's such an accomplishment! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)