Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you be upset if your kid's school did this?

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 6:45 AM
  • 70 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you be upset if your childs school did this

Options:

yes

no

maybe

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 86

View Results

My son passed all his tests so he gets to do this. I was excited for him but then i made a post here and someone said that they didn't like the idea and that it might make those that didn't pass feel bad especially since it would be very visible who passed and who didn't.  I hadn't really thought of that so I was just wondering what people on here thought?

I kinda view it in the same way the kids that sell the most at fundraisers (we suck at those) get rewarded so it's fair to be rewarded for academic excellence.

Here he is in his wacky outfit

by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 6:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2014 at 6:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I would not.  There are not enough rewards for those who work hard and do everything right - usually they get nothing.  The kids who succeed should be rewarded and maybe next time those who don't will work harder.

catngabsmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 6:55 AM
My daughter is good at math, bad at tests, so she would not have gotten the letter. If she were to say anything, I would tell her to suck it up!
CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Apr. 28, 2014 at 6:57 AM

Well maybe if the other kids feel bad they'll pull up their socks and strive to do better in school.....I would not be upset about this.

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 6:57 AM

The school my ds goes to has really low testing scores so the principal is trying positive reinforcement to encourage the kids to do better.

I got a letter after we enrolled that we could actually move our kids to another school within the district because a certain percentage hadn't passed. You usually have to go to your home school. I choose to leave them there because of transportation issues. I just supplement at home.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would not.  There are not enough rewards for those who work hard and do everything right - usually they get nothing.  The kids who succeed should be rewarded and maybe next time those who don't will work harder.

lga1965
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 6:59 AM
I think it's a great idea !
This could inspire other kids to try harder next time. It's good to reward kids when they do a,super job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I am so happy for all the successful student! The practice of rewarding everyone is ridiculous. Let's not make Johnny feel bad mean while randy doesn't get rewarded for his actual good work. It's creating a society of people who won't bother trying because everyone gets the same prize.
EvaTheDiva2
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:02 AM
No. Maybe the other kids parents will help their kids pass things. Its the give a trophy bc you showed up mentality that makes kids suck as adults now. Smh
k1kelley
by Kim on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:05 AM

Awesome idea! He sure looks wacky!!

raczac
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:06 AM
This

Quoting Anonymous: I am so happy for all the successful student! The practice of rewarding everyone is ridiculous. Let's not make Johnny feel bad mean while randy doesn't get rewarded for his actual good work. It's creating a society of people who won't bother trying because everyone gets the same prize.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I think ideas like this our stupid, another reason I love our private school.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)