Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SD is pregnant and her mom doesn't want to deal with it so sent her here

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies
SD is 14 and pregnant by her 17 year old boyfriend. Dh and I didn't even know she had a boyfriend or was sexually active so it came as a huge shock to us. Bm says she knew the boyfriend existed but was unaware of the sex going on. SD says she's been sneaking out and he's been coming over while her mother was working.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corticosteroid
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:18 AM

What are the laws governing statutory rape in your state?

ladybugchick317
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:20 AM

I would start showing her and him how hard it is going to be. Start looking at what she needs to do for child support. She has a long road ahead of her and so does he. What have you and dh decided to do?

LectioDivina
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Just give her love and support...this is officially the rest of her life.
ELKmountain.mom
by Peepers on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:22 AM
That really stinks, I don't think mom should just send her away though. She has a responsibility to her child as does her Dad. How are you all feeling about this, can see come there?
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:25 AM
Sd life will soon be hell. Taking care of a baby, going to school. We would also go after the boy for cs. The day she turns 16 she will be getting a job. Gonna suck to be her for a long time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Is she truely not wanting to deal with it or does she need a little time and space to come up with a plan?  It is not as if she sent her daughter away to be with strangers.  She sent her daughter to be with her father.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:27 AM
They don't apply because he's under 18. 16 is the legal age of consent but one of the people involved has to be over 18 or it doesn't matter.

Quoting corticosteroid:

What are the laws governing statutory rape in your state?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:29 AM
We took her in but she has no privileges and isn't allowed to be home alone or in public without a chaperone.

Quoting ladybugchick317:

I would start showing her and him how hard it is going to be. Start looking at what she needs to do for child support. She has a long road ahead of her and so does he. What have you and dh decided to do?

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:30 AM
So is mom just done or does she jist need time??
Have you all talked options with sd--terminate, adopt, whatever?

If she keeps the pregnancy, it's better to get the ball rolling on anything you can.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:31 AM
She's been having behavior problems with her for a while. I think this just tipped the scale. We let her stay but she has no privileges and has a chaperone at all times.

Quoting ELKmountain.mom: That really stinks, I don't think mom should just send her away though. She has a responsibility to her child as does her Dad. How are you all feeling about this, can see come there?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN