Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you ever get plastic surgery ... or have you already? If not, do you think other moms who do are selfish?

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:45 AM
  • 180 Replies
1 mom liked this

Moms Who Get Plastic Surgery Don't Deserve to Be Judged

by Kristen Chase

Want to Get Plastic Surgery, Moms? Sounds Good to MeI've done my fair share of eye-rolling when I see moms with huge fake breasts. I mean, the risk of surgery alone would be enough to deter me from having an elective cosmetic operation, but I could also think of about 4,000 other things that would be more worthy of spending that kind of money on than new big boobs.

And honestly, are those women really doing it for themselves like they say?

But after four kids and the pregnancy weight gain and weight loss, I have to admit that I now understand why women do it.

A few weeks ago, a very fit friend of mine and I were standing around in our sports bras and workout pants bemoaning the extra skin and stretch marks that would never go away no matter how much we worked out.

Okay, so maybe if we ate no carbs and worked out for a couple of hours every day. But I don't really know how realistic that is. And honestly, that's not going to do anything to the breasts. Or the nipples. (Can we talk about post-breastfeeding nipples, please?)

Well, all of a sudden, we found ourselves talking tummy tucks and breast lifts ... if we happened to win the lottery, of course. And by the way, it wasn't for partners or spouses. Or because we're vain or selfish. It's because we love our bodies and want them to look their best. And if a little sucking, tucking, and lifting -- or for some people, inserting of implants -- will do that, then why not?

Now like anything else, people can always go too far. One procedure can lead to another and another, and soon they're looking like a plastic barbie doll with gigantic fake boobs that prevent them from doing anything but looking pretty ridiculous.

I've seen so many people who have small complaints and end up going way too far ... only to look worse once the procedure is over. But if you're working out, taking care of yourself, and want a little boost (literally and figuratively), then I'm not going to judge you. In fact, I might be a little bit jealous. Or at least stocking away a few pennies for my own little nip and tuck one of these days.

And in case you're wondering, it really wouldn't be for anyone else but me.

Would you ever get plastic surgery ... or have you already? If not, do you think other moms who do are selfish?

by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:46 AM

I've had plastic surgery - too many, it was all reconstructive. I dont understand people who will willingly put themselves under the knife

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:47 AM
I got my boobs done.

I also want my nose

Butttt. I'm not selfish. I'm more happy and confident with myself :)

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I might get a boob job someday. I hope everyone is able to do what makes them happy, whatever that may be.

aimlee
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

ive never had surgery. I do want a tummy tuck, but saying I want it, and actually doing it are completely different things. I dont think I will ever go through with it.. I dont think people are selfish. if thats what they want, thats great.

zacmacsmomm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:50 AM

I believe it can go to far.  But I don't believe it to be selfish.  I've never done it, don't plan on it, but that's becasue i hate pain and I've had enough surgeries!

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:51 AM

I'm getting a tummy tuck when I'm done having children.  I'm 60" tall and was 58" around when pregnant with my first.  The skin is RUINED.  For me, it isn't all vanity.  Doctors have suggested it would improve my health to remove that much extra skin.  I get rashes in the heat.  I'm at higher risk of hernias.  It encourages bad belly fat.  It makes working out harder.

I wouldn't bother if it was just a little loose, but I seriously have a flap that hangs down.

There are minor things that bug me from time to time.  I have a loose chin, it's genetic.  But those won't warrant a surgery, IMO.

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Nope and I don't care if others do.

my2kids0506
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:51 AM
I had a tummy tuck because I had a dd that was 10 lbs 7 oz and she actually sat in a point at the bottom of my stomach and the had my ds 21 mos later both c section my skin on my stomach was so bad it actually touched my thighs I could do 1000 crunches a day for the rest of my life and it would have done no good . It was just skin. I do not consider it selfish I did it because it was very bad for my hygiene and self esteem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Ive nursed 2 kids, I look like a 12 year old boy the second I have 4 grand Im getting new tits. Ive earned it and I am ready to feel like a woman.

catcameback
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:54 AM

I have and depending on what it was, I would again.

After my foot was severed I had horrible scarring.  The doctors did a great job re-attaching and all that, but they didn't concentrate too much on prettying it up and I felt like I had a frankenstein foot.

Once, a lady at the gym even commented on how ugly it was.  I was very self conscience about it.

I had some cosmetic work done.  I had some scar tissue removed on the outside, a plat put in to shape the side in a more natural look and some injections around the screws so they don't poke out visably.  I also had some skin grafting on the scars so they weren't as prominant.

I don't regret it.  I know it was vain, but it made me feel better about myself and made me feel like I was whole again.  I know it will never look the same, but at least it looks a little less horrific.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN