Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How about you STFU and mind your own?! Mmmk!?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this
To preface, I was a teen mom and made quite a few mistakes; I like to think I've learned from most of them. The father of my children is closer to my moms age than my own, yet he has still not really grown up. He rarely sees the boys and hardly ever pays child support ($187 in the last 2 years, for ex). 2 weeks ago, he went to jail; we will see him sometime near the end of the year supposedly.
A couple years ago, my boys' father married a woman who is older than his own mother, yet still acts like a drama-fueled teenager. She does not want to have young children around, as hers are already grown and she takes no part in the lives of her grandchildren. The fact that one of my boys has special needs certainly doesn't seem to help matters any.
Now, the past 2 weeks have been ridiculous. I guess she's in search of more drama (which I won't feed into) so she keeps texting me some of the most jaded and bitter texts I've ever seen. To top it off, it's obvious that her husband (my ex) has seriously contorted the truth to make himself look better, but it certainly isn't my place to tell her what a liar he is. Normally, he apologizes for her behavior and keeps her in line for a while, but with him gone for months I'm worried that she's just going to keep stirring the pot.
I've tried asking her not to text me unless she needs to relay a msg to/about my boys from their dad. I've told her that she's only heard half the story. At this point, I'm just trying to ignore her. I can't block her number and I don't know what else to do...I just don't have time for her antics!

Any advice?

(Ps...sorry if that came off ramble-y lol)
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-42-
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:24 AM
Why can you not block her number and only accept calls from your ex when needed?
April620
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:26 AM
Yea...I got nothin
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Why can't you block the number?

AspirelI
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Why can't you block her?Your ex could call or write a letter if he really has some pressing info to tell your kids...

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:28 AM
I'd block her number.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Im afraid to block her number in case he wants to relay a msg to the boys

Quoting -42-: Why can you not block her number and only accept calls from your ex when needed?
southern.momof2
by Pirate on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:29 AM
I would tell her that if she contacts you again, you will press charges on her for harassment.
wamom223
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:29 AM

I'm assuming you feel like you can't block her number because of your ex being in jail but I say screw that.  She is harassing you and that isn't cool. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:30 AM
In case she's relaying a msg from him to the boys

Quoting WifeyC:

Why can't you block the number?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:30 AM
Yeah, I guess he could write a letter. I forgot about snail mail

Quoting AspirelI:

Why can't you block her?Your ex could call or write a letter if he really has some pressing info to tell your kids...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)