Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Eating dinner at the table

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:29 AM
  • 29 Replies

My DH grew up never eating dinner at the table. They all ate separately. I grew only eating at the table. Growing up I ate breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks at the table. We also eat at the table here and my DH loves it.

by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Coconutty4Hubby
by Cafe Goddess on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Growing up, we ate at dinner table. Now, our coffee table is our dinner table. And we have a very nice dining room table set, lol. Only used it twice...
AlyDS91782
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:32 AM
Growing up we always had family dinner. We have family dinners now, but breakfast and lunch are free for alls.
wamom223
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Us too.  I was really surprised when my neighbor told me while she was pregnant that she couldn't wait to have family dinners like we do every night.  She said every time she drives by and sees us all at the table through the window she would get wistful about it.  My parents were divorced and so I grew up with both and experienced how eating meals together brings families closer together.  

Ilovemylineman
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:32 AM
Growing up I do think Remember us eating at the table. We do now dinner is ate the table as a family and breakfast on the weekends is ate as a family. The kids eat lunch at the bar.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:33 AM
I grew up eating at the table, DH did not. Our dining room is DH's office though, so we eat at our coffee table. We do turn off the TV and phones though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
We eat at least dinner at the table every night. I'm not so big about breakfast and lunch. But we sit down together for dinner without TV, cellphones, tablets etc
catcameback
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:35 AM

I eat dinner at the coffee table, does that count?

Our dining room table broke and I haven't fixed it yet

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:35 AM
We eat together at the table, always.
Gorilla_Mama
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:37 AM

I grew up not eating at the table. Dh ate alone more often then not because his mom was working.

We have dinner at the table when he's home, he travels for work a lot though and when he's not here the kids and I usually eat in the living room.

mom2boys664
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:38 AM

We eat dinner at the table every night, and any meal we are home for is eaten at the table.  No food or drinks allowed out of the kitchen unless it is a party or something. Both of us grew up that way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)