Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What things do you like to make?

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Do you sew? Knit? Paint? Sketch? Garden? Cook? Bake? Is it something you'd like go make a career out of, or is it just a hobby?

What thing do you like to make?

I like to bake, decorate cakes, and make candy.

I've only made a few speciality cakes so far, I really want to take classes but with a two year, 4 month old and a husband who works full time and goes to school, it's hard to squeeze that in.

The plan is for me to go to culinary school once dh graduates. (It's just not possible for us to both be in school at the same time.). I'm hoping to he able to take cake decorating classes before then though. I've been teaching self by looking up things online and replicating what I find. So far I've only had one major flop :)

I'd love to eventually have my own bakery, but we'll just have to wait and see if that happens.

Do you have pictures of your crafts/projects/etc.?

These pictures are the pirate cakes from one
Of my youngest brothers birthday parties.
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 2:08 PM
Replies (21-26):
fairymom82
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 2:23 PM
I love cooking and baking it destresses me.I also run a small baked goods order service for my DHs co-workers and make thier lunches every night as a side business . Other than that I re-do furniture pieces and sell them
dawnjohnson5
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 2:23 PM
Do you sell them?

Quoting ame85:

Mobile Photo

I knit, sew, paint, and crochet. I recently made my good friend a quilt for her baby :-)
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Blankets for my sil twin boy and girl
Minie mouse hat for my dd
dawnjohnson5
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 2:26 PM

I took some Wilton classes and made this. I have done a few cakes, but it stresses me the hell out.
bakerytreatz16
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I've made a couple of those too ;)

Quoting MMIC: Babies
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Apr. 28, 2014 at 2:55 PM
I have an Etsy shop, if you'd like to buy one I could certainly make one for you! PM me so I can get your info :-)

Quoting dawnjohnson5: Do you sell them?

Quoting ame85:

Mobile Photo

I knit, sew, paint, and crochet. I recently made my good friend a quilt for her baby :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)