Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do people in the south survive?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:10 AM
  • 84 Replies

I am from Montana so tornados are not a familiar thing to me. But I cannot help but to wonder how in the hell do you people survive a tornado that literally wipes out a whole town/community I mean FLAT nothing standing, not even a piece of grass. I see this tv and wonder how people survive this if they are not under ground. OR do most of you go under ground?

by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:11 AM

seeking answers

texasgirl77
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:11 AM
The lucky ones have basements. Also getting in a bathtub and holding a mattress over you does a decent job. Luckily we've only had a few tornadoes here.
saraface5383
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:11 AM
I have wondered this as well. I have family in Arkansas and they were in the storm shelter and I was like, that shit works?
crescentstar2
by Anne on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:12 AM
All I think is how scary! I don't want to live in a tornado prone area
LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:12 AM
Basements...stairwells and bathtubs.
pce68
by Patti on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:12 AM

Basements and cellars. Most houses have them here, and if there is a tornado warning, that's where you go/ Unless you are like me. I tend to sleep right through them.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:12 AM

well the views I see on tv there is NOTHING left the tub is gone. If you are in the tub how do you survive if the tub is also ripped up. A lot of these views showing NOTHING THERE... how do these people live through that? Luck????

Quoting texasgirl77: The lucky ones have basements. Also getting in a bathtub and holding a mattress over you does a decent job. Luckily we've only had a few tornadoes here.

Hellobabies
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:12 AM

I live on the gulf coast, below sea level, so basements are not in homes here, but I'm originally from TN and basements are pretty common place there. I lived in TN for 25 years and was only in 1 tornado, now it seems they get them all of the time. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:13 AM
Lol how do you survive bears and blizzards?
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:13 AM
Basement, cellar, safe room. Bathtub, closet, etc. these big tornados are rare.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)