Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What’s the craziest dream you’ve ever had?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:54 AM
  • 86 Replies

We're asking an expert to interpret some of our wildest, most perplexing dreams. We're not talking your run-of-the-mill flying or math test or naked dreams. We want the ones that made you go "What just happened?!?" as soon as you woke up.

The Stir will pick the most interesting 3-4 dreams. We'll use pseudonyms, too, to protect your privacy, so tell us what's the craziest dream you've ever had?

by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
km1970
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:04 PM

On June 23, 2002, my family and I were camping with a neighbor and his kids. I had a dream that I was sitting in a dark room. I couldn't see anything, but I could hear a voice talking to me. He(it was a male voice) was telling me that my dad would have a stroke. He kept trying to tell me how it would play out, but I was arguing with him and begging him not to let it happen. I tried to tell myself to wake up, but it felt like I was being held captive and couldn't wake up. He continued to tell me there would be some hope, but in the end he would not make it.

When I finally did wake up, I went to the campfire where everyone was sitting and told them about the dream I had. We were heading home that day, so we ate breakfast and packed up to go home.

We lived across the street from my parents so when we drove up my dad walked out and came to visit us. We were tired from our trip so after awhile, I told him I would bring my daughter over to visit the next morning.

The next moring I got a call from my mom. Dad had a stroke in IHOP while having coffee with a friend. He was in the hospital for a month, there were times during that time we thought he would make it. However, he died on July 20th with my mom and I by his side.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:09 PM

In my dream I walked into my childhood home and my family was there like normal. My dad in his chair reading the paper mom doing her cross stitch and brothers playing on the floor. There is a loud noise and everyone puts their things away and the all go to the kitchen and climb up on the counters. I'm watching them and I'm vary perplexed. Suddenly a giant crocodile crashes in and I run for the counter. I trip and the croc bites my legs. I'm screaming for help and my mom looks at me and says " it's too late for you now." I wake up screaming and I've had this dream off and on since I was a kid.

i have no idea what this means and why I keep having it.

Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:11 PM
I was running after somebody in a forest, i just knew that if i didn't catch them something big would be lost, so i ran after him and i could see him stretching his hand for me to grab it but i couldn't run fast enough and the trees in the forest was getting too big, and the grass was tripping me. When we came out of the forest i saw him jump from a cliff and before i could hold his hand my husband grabbed my arms back and i just felt like i lost the most beautiful thing that was suppose to me mine, i was crying and trying to jump after him but my husband just held me down and I woke up.
That was one of the dreams that stuck with me because i can remember every single details, which is weird because usually i remember bits and parts or totally forget.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:13 PM
I have a reoccurring nightmare about spilling coffee on DS's face and permanently disfiguring him. Freaks me out every time.
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:16 PM

I often have dreams of having sex with women who have penises   -_-

LovePhotoBug5
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:17 PM

I have a very active imagination when I sleep sometimes waking up talking/crying/moving around....

One night I woke up laughing uncontrollably. DH asked what was up. I told him that him and his friend were too funny.... Turns out my dream was that the two of them were on stage dancing, with their pants down & something written on their boxers...

One night I woke up trying to hit my DH. My dream was that someone was trying to break into my car, and I was turning toward the person, raised my arms and tried to hit them in their face. DH pulled me close and held me while I dry cried (more of emotional omg then crying), not realizing that I was about to actually hit him...

One night I had a crazy dream that DH was cheating. Laughing in my face and telling me I didn't mean anything to him. I woke up screaming and crying. It was not a good night.

I have also had dreams where I am at various work places (like haven't worked their in years). I will actually sit up and act out what I used to do (blow up balloons for kids, take checks at a grocery store, bag groceries) only to wake up mid act and realize that it is just a dream and that I won't get fired for not doing what I was supposed to in my dream.

Lori942
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

When I was pregnant I kept having the same dream over and over.  All that was in my dream was the number 22...the number just kept flashing.   DS wasn't due until January 28th but instead he was born on December 22nd.  I thought it was more of a cool dream than crazy!

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:19 PM
I was having an affair with my husband. He was married to someone else. I lived an hour away from him and his wife and he always came to visit me so no one saw us. We were super freaking happy though and his wife in the dream made him miserable. One day we were shopping at a grocery store and walking around laughing and holding hands when we saw his father in law. We tried to escape before he saw us but no such luck. His father in law started screaming and running at us and finally cornered us. He kept going on about how he had a commitment and it was an arranged marriage and he couldn't break his promises. For a week I didn't hear from him and was heartbroken. Then one day he showed up, said he'd left his wife and moved in. The dream then flashed forward to us having a baby. Except HE was the one who gave birth. It was totally normal in the dream though. And through the whole thing there was not one moment I felt regret or guilt, I just felt incredibly happy.
luvmygirls59
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:20 PM
I was working at McDonalds and Marlin Manson was my boss and he made me clean tubs naked.... weird
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:20 PM

So many

One of my most beautiful that I remember the most though

I dreamed I was swimming in the ocean. The waves were so huge and cold. The sky was grey and I was getting so tired. I had been swimming forever it felt like. I turned then into this harbor. The water there changed instantly. It was warm and calm. The sky was shades of the sunset, pinks, oranges and yellows. I felt such peace. I swam towards the shore and as my body hit the sand where the water laps the shore I knew I had reached home.  

i actually felt sad to wake up from it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)