Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think? Murder or not?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:10 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:17 PM

thats murder he should have called the cops when the trap was set off not shot blindly into the garage

morrigan914
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:19 PM
That's murder, plain and simple
WinterIsComing
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:20 PM

I think the homeowner handled the situation in the wrong way. It does look premeditated since he laid a trap and used the firearm in the manner he did.

The teen was definitely in the wrong for what he was doing, but that doesn't justify the homeowners actions.

He should be charged with murder (in the 2nd degree?).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:55 PM
There was another case not too long ago where an intruder was killed by the homeowner and no charges brought against him. We take our guns right seriously up here.

I think this is seen as more premeditated than protection.

Quoting La.Coffee.Drunk:

I think it depends on the state laws on gun owners rights as to protecting their property. (which I don't know enough about) In Oklahoma or Texas it wouldn't be murder. 

LaDiosa
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel that if someone is stealing your stuff on your property, u have the right to shoot to kill. You never know if the people are armed or not, if you are willing to commit a crime be prepared to pay with your life or don't commit crimes. I will defend my home and if that means shooting to kill I will. Two kids against one man and in the dark, I would have lit it up with my gun as well.
jeda1429
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:09 PM

I think he should have called the cops . I would have

Teeshann
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:10 PM

nope. they set a trap and planned to shoot. he should definatly be charged.

now if they'd closed the garage and heard someone breaking in and shot to defend themselves that would be different. this was premeditated

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:12 PM
It was one kid who walked into a trap.

Quoting LaDiosa: I feel that if someone is stealing your stuff on your property, u have the right to shoot to kill. You never know if the people are armed or not, if you are willing to commit a crime be prepared to pay with your life or don't commit crimes. I will defend my home and if that means shooting to kill I will. Two kids against one man and in the dark, I would have lit it up with my gun as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:13 PM
I agree.

Quoting Teeshann:

nope. they set a trap and planned to shoot. he should definatly be charged.

now if they'd closed the garage and heard someone breaking in and shot to defend themselves that would be different. this was premeditated

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN