Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WWYD?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies
So I'm 26 living with my parents I started seeing my boyfriend 5 months ago.( I met him in November ) my parents just told me if I get pregnant they will tell me to register and insure my car (it's in their name but it's my car) I already pay taxes maitence everything. Boyfriend has a son with his baby mama ex gf that lives with him and she's dating another guy. Now I'm a special needs adult I can only work X amount of hours and make so much per month. Since I was a little girl I always wanted to be a mom. I'm just so confused I don't know what to do. Advice? Suggestions ? Boyfriend works two jobs 52 hours a week if that matters.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:15 PM
No, no, no. Don't do this. That's just a difficult situation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:16 PM
3 moms liked this

Wait until you are married and living with your husband to worry about having a baby.  Thats my advice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:17 PM

BUMP!

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

If you are having children of your own, you should have your bills in your name and be able to afford them. Just sayin. Probably shouldn't be planning for children this early in the relationship anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:18 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Wait until you are married and living with your husband to worry about having a baby.  Thats my advice.

he's 45 idk if that matters
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Wait until you are on your own and not relying on your parents. 

charmgirl
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:19 PM
Um
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:19 PM

I would not plan a pregnancy until you are living with this guy in a fully committed relationship, possibly married to him. He needs to be the one to take over assisting you at some point.  Your parents don't want to end up supporting you and a baby.  I completely understand where they are coming from, and it would be irresponsible on your part to plan a pregnancy with a man you have only been dating for several months. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:19 PM
Quoting thenameshailie:

If you are having children of your own, you should have your bills in your name and be able to afford them. Just sayin. Probably shouldn't be planning for children this early in the relationship anyway.

i do pay my portion of bills
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Nope, doesn't matter to me.  Wait until you are married and living together. Then worry about babies.  You have plenty of time to make babies.  Wait until he isn't living with his ex and you are living alone-just the two of you.

Quoting Anonymous:
Quoting Anonymous:

he's 45 idk if that matters

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN