Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fat children eating fast food

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies
1 mom liked this
It bothers me. I hate to be judgmental and all. I do like to go out to eat some. But it always bothers me when fat children are eating things like happy meals. Especially when their siblings are also very overweight. I know some kids are naturally a little bigger than others. But most of the time I can't help but feel that it is their parent's lifestyle chioce causing them to be so large. Poor children. I hope they have a chance to be healthy.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2014 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel the same way. I'm obese and never want my child to live this way. I like her to eat healthy food.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 29, 2014 at 8:56 PM

I agree! 

I always feel bad for the overweight child 

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Apr. 29, 2014 at 8:57 PM

At least you can't super size a Happy Meal, can you? You don't have to be huge even eating at McDs, they do have salads with grilled chicken in them. 

seraphimsong
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 8:57 PM
I feel the same as you
babie113
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:05 PM
I agree to a point lots of things play a role in obesity like health and lack of exercise and genetics .but I do think to many parents just cant seem to say no to the kids .I feel if you know your child has either a genetic predisposition or a medical problem or just isnt active you should really keep an eye on what they eat .

My child is tiny but I feed him healthy homecooked meals .im diabetic so he eats like I do .I dont have a problem saying no to my child .in this house im in charge .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:12 PM
A friend of mine is obese, but her three children are very healthy weights. She is currently working on her weight issues (emotional eating and trying to get enough activity in. She's come pretty far)

She does her best for her children because she doesn't want her children to struggle like she does.

Quoting LaughCryLive: I feel the same way. I'm obese and never want my child to live this way. I like her to eat healthy food.
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:37 PM
Yep. :)

Quoting Anonymous: A friend of mine is obese, but her three children are very healthy weights. She is currently working on her weight issues (emotional eating and trying to get enough activity in. She's come pretty far)

She does her best for her children because she doesn't want her children to struggle like she does.

Quoting LaughCryLive: I feel the same way. I'm obese and never want my child to live this way. I like her to eat healthy food.
jen2150
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Personally if an obese children shouldn't be eating it then fit children shouldn't either. I don't think putting an obese children on a diet is a good idea. It sends the wrong idea. They should be undergoing a lifestyle change. I think a balanced approach is a better way to go.
scold-01
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Sometimes it is because someone else introduced fast food to the child, and then they decide they like it....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2014 at 1:37 PM
It's just hard for me to believe that a healthy fit child is getting much if any fast food.

But it's hard for me to believe that children who are as round as they are tall are getting much healthy food or exercise.

I don't think any child should get much as far as fast food though. I guess that I make a snap judgment a lot faster when a child is obese. It's not that I'm trying and I do not stare at said child/children or their family. But it does make me sad.

I was a thin child who had unhealthy food a lot. It wasn't my choice. But I think I was thin when my siblings were not because of simple preferences I had. I hate sauces. So I would never eat mayo or ketchup on my food. And that cuts out a LOT of calories. I also loved salads and would eat them any chance I got, but without dressing. Because again, I didn't like it. I wish my mother had fed us healthier food.

Quoting jen2150: Personally if an obese children shouldn't be eating it then fit children shouldn't either. I don't think putting an obese children on a diet is a good idea. It sends the wrong idea. They should be undergoing a lifestyle change. I think a balanced approach is a better way to go.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN