Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Southern Mamas I need you.

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:07 PM
  • 143 Replies
I'm moving to the south. Memphis,TN burb (Munford). In 2 months. I'm excited, but nervous. I'm from Chicago. I was born in VA but moved when I was a baby. So all I know is the north. Advice please, do you have any for me?!

Cooking on electric terrifies me. Lol
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:08 PM
Bump
sarahfire
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Why would you have to cook on electric in the south? I'm born and raised in Texas and most people cook with gas stoves. I hate electric too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:09 PM
3 moms liked this
You don't have to cook on electric. We do have gas stoves here too. I prefer electric because open flames scare me.
sarahfire
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:09 PM
2 moms liked this
It's going to get hot. Make sure you have a place with good air conditioning and a car with good air conditioning.
Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:11 PM
Every house we've looked at is electric.

Quoting sarahfire: Why would you have to cook on electric in the south? I'm born and raised in Texas and most people cook with gas stoves. I hate electric too.
sarahfire
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:11 PM
Oh and we say "yall" a lot. Not sure about Tennessee (never been there) but most of the South says it. And most people drink sweet tea. I personally hate tea but I'm just weird. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:12 PM

lol - we have moved several times thanks to dh company.  the suummers are hot.  i find the people in the south more friendly.

KREX0914
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:12 PM
5 moms liked this
Im in Texas and we use gas EVERYthing. Even heat in the winter. Boy is that expensive ...

You should be aware that proper southern sweet tea is mostly delicious sugar water with tea bags thrown in for color.
sarahfire
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:12 PM
That's weird. If you're looking to buy a house you can always just buy a gas stove.

Quoting Glitchtastic: Every house we've looked at is electric.

Quoting sarahfire: Why would you have to cook on electric in the south? I'm born and raised in Texas and most people cook with gas stoves. I hate electric too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Tn here. I do believe we coined that word:)

Quoting sarahfire: Oh and we say "yall" a lot. Not sure about Tennessee (never been there) but most of the South says it. And most people drink sweet tea. I personally hate tea but I'm just weird. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)