Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms of preschool kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies
If your child was in a integrated school for kids neuro typical and special needs kids and you got a call about an incident of your child be bitten by another kid, would you blame the child? The parent?

If it was more than one incident, would you be willing to take your child out of school for that? The kids ages are 3-5.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lottie925
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:13 PM
If my kid is being bitten and it cant be controlled? Yes. I would put him in another school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:13 PM
If it was the first time well, it happens at that age.
If it was a reoccurring thing something should be done.
I wouldn't blame anybody. At that age some kids are just biters and it's not something that is always easy to remedy. I would expect the preschool to have a plan to put an end to it and put it in action!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:14 PM
Once ok. More? No. Human bites are disgusting and if the kid can't stop biting, the integration isn't working.
sam12796
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

If it were more than one incident I would ask the child doing the biting to be removed if the teacher can not keep the biter away from my child.

YzmaRocks
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:16 PM
This.

Quoting Anonymous: If it was the first time well, it happens at that age.
I wouldn't blame anybody. At that age some kids are just biters and it's not something that is always easy to remedy. I would expect the preschool to have a plan to put an end to it and put it in action!
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:16 PM
I wouldn't be happy, I'd hope that the school would pay closer attention to the child that is biting and deal with it. Talk to the parent about it as well. When my son went to preschool there was a child that keep biting him and finally I went and complained to them and they did something about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:17 PM
Some kids are biters it happens. But they need discipline. And consequences.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:17 PM
The mom is working diligently with the school but the incidents keep happening. Not sure what to do from here.

Quoting Anonymous: If it was the first time well, it happens at that age.
Alyssasmommy412
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:17 PM

I would blame the teacher, if it happened once I wouldn't think anything of it, but when its happened more then once the teacher needs to control the situation.I don't think I would blame the child (depends on the functioning level) hard to blame the parents when they weren't present. I've found some kids act one way at school and are completely different at home.

Cassidysmom611
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:18 PM

I am just curious, how do you know the child who hurt the other child had SN versus being a "typical" child?

If any child bites mine more then once and the school doesn't react properly I would take her out. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)