Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So we buy this big ole house thinking the cats would be in heaven

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:37 AM
  • 10 Replies
And I swear they are now always up under my arse.

We moved from a 755 sq foot apartment to a 2500 sq foot house and the cats never were this close to me before we moved, right now all 4 are on the bed instead of spread out all around the house

What the heck guys?
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:39 AM
2 moms liked this

um cats are like humans and have a hard time adjusting they are probably a little stress with the new environment and change/.

Moonbabylove
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:40 AM
It might just be taking them a while to adjust and they find comfort in being close to you. My cat is always up my ass no matter what and we have traveled all over the U.S.
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:40 AM
We've been here a month, I have to admit I like it and they spread out during the day but they really seem to like to be up under me constantly when I'm home.

Quoting thetrollcat:

um cats are like humans and have a hard time adjusting they are probably a little stress with the new environment and change/.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:42 AM
2 moms liked this

good job you just raised co depenent cats that want to start breastfeeding again.

Nice going!

Quoting Roxygurl: We've been here a month, I have to admit I like it and they spread out during the day but they really seem to like to be up under me constantly when I'm home.
Quoting thetrollcat:

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:44 AM
I know!

Silly kitties, I will say they seem to be loving the place. There are more places for Dixie to jump up on and evie loves to run to the door and watch me leave and jumps on the shower to watch me shower every night now too.

Quoting thetrollcat:

good job you just raised co depenent cats that want to start breastfeeding again.

Nice going!

Quoting Roxygurl: We've been here a month, I have to admit I like it and they spread out during the day but they really seem to like to be up under me constantly when I'm home.

Quoting thetrollcat:

TillieKnock2
by Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:45 AM
When I moved it took my cat a couple months to get comfortable with our new house. The first two weeks she hid behind the washer and dryer, unless they were running. Poor sweetie, I miss her.
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Haha because cats are assholes. 

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:46 AM
Awe :( my girls stayed in the master for a while but now enjoy exploring

Quoting TillieKnock2: When I moved it took my cat a couple months to get comfortable with our new house. The first two weeks she hid behind the washer and dryer, unless they were running. Poor sweetie, I miss her.
norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:49 AM
Ghosts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:49 AM

A month is really not that long of an adjustment period.Congrats on your new place. 

Quoting thetrollcat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)