Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why am i wrong 4 not wanting to raise an autistic kid?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1197 Replies
2 moms liked this
Im putting dd up for adoption, she was just diagnosed, i knew something was wrong with her. She has violent outbursts, claws at her face and pulls out her hair, punches, spits, throws anything she can get her hands on,attacks our dogs, and her siblings.
This is just the tip of the iiceberg and its too much for me to handle. I always thought it was a faze, she would grow out of it, spankings would help, time out would help. But nope. My worst fear has been realized and SO and i both agree we cant handle it. I have normal children, and my sanity to think about.
I dont know much about autism. My.mom thinks shes more likely to end up a criminal with her behavior, but according to her doctor, she'll more than likely need someone to care for her her entire life, so thats ridiculous. My MIL is livid. she thinks we should keep her but i just CAN NOT DO IT ANYMORE. we cant go out to eat, to the store, we can barely sit home without her screaming and groaning and hurting someone.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2014 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2014 at 1:16 AM
2 moms liked this
It isnr that i dont love her. I do. But im at my wits end. Some days i just want to die.
norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 1:17 AM
68 moms liked this
Yeah you're deservingly going to be ripped to shreds. Better luck getting your perfect baby next time. *gag*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 1:17 AM
71 moms liked this
You know what you can and can't handle. You have other children to think about. Atleast you did something right, let someone adopt her before treating her like an animal or hurting her.
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 1:17 AM
29 moms liked this

Probably best you do that way she will get the help she needs.  I'm sure it's a tough decision for you, but if you think it's the best thing for your daughter them I'm all for it.

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 1:18 AM

Do you not have any support?

Quoting Anonymous: It isnr that i dont love her. I do. But im at my wits end. Some days i just want to die.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2014 at 1:18 AM
10 moms liked this
I couldn't do it and I would probably do the same thing. At least they can be cared for and someone can give them the love they need.

Get ready for an ass chewing from the other moms
AspirelI
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this

How old is she?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 30, 2014 at 1:20 AM
How old is your dd?
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 1:20 AM
37 moms liked this

Oh shut the hell up.  This is a mama who is sinking, not one who deserves bitchy comments.

Quoting norwgnwood: Yeah you're deservingly going to be ripped to shreds. Better luck getting your perfect baby next time. *gag*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2014 at 1:20 AM
3 moms liked this
Perfect baby? It isnt about that AT ALL. I cant handle it. Someone else can.

Quoting norwgnwood: Yeah you're deservingly going to be ripped to shreds. Better luck getting your perfect baby next time. *gag*
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN