Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Lying to my husband at baby gender appt...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Am I a jerk for considering this?...

He doesn't want to find out, it's our last baby.

I want to go to a 3D appointment and not tell him so I can find out the sex and when we go to my regular scan just pretend like we want a surprise...
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Smokeygirl
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:38 AM
It sounds like a terrible idea. When you start using a single pronoun for the baby it might get suspicious. I wouldn't do it.
CABZS
by Emerald Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:39 AM
Chances are you won't be able to keep it a secret and will ruin it for him.

Also, there is no reason to lie. Many couples don't agree on this and what the tech will do is put it in an envelope and give it to the person who wants to know.

Lying is never ok.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:39 AM

I would....That isn't something I could wait on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:39 AM

lying is never the best way to go if you want to maintain trust in your marriage. this seems like a small thing...would you want him doing the same to you?

besides just being a lie, i would be afraid i would slip up and he would find out anyway. do what you gotta do, but i wouldn't. 

maybe if you asked him what he thinks of the idea he would be ok with it? i dunno. i just don't get lying about something like this.

PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:40 AM

It's your last baby! Just keep it as a surprise if you can't convince him otherwise. It would be a not so great idea to find out and not tell him.

kgbm13
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:41 AM

Lying not ok period. Why not talk to him and say you want to know and won't tell him if you know.  Or wait its your last.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:41 AM
We already just call the baby "baby"

I just hate not being prepared

Quoting Smokeygirl: It sounds like a terrible idea. When you start using a single pronoun for the baby it might get suspicious. I wouldn't do it.
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:41 AM
Why lie? Jusy say "I want to know, I'm going to find out and I'll keep it to myself if you want me to"
booaura
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:42 AM
Lying is NEVER a good idea, but especially with your husband.
jamelame
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:43 AM

At the end of the day it's your decision whether or not to know the sex. Just explain to him that if he doesn't want to know that's fine, but he can't make your decision for you and you are going to find out.

Then when you go to the scheduled appointment explain this to the tech, and they will tell you without telling your husband.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)