Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who in your family. ..

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:40 AM
  • 26 Replies
Is or was kick ass?

My grandmother was. She was bad ass! Married 6 times. Worked so many strange jobs, even drove a dump truck. Sewed clothes that were amazing. Made gorgeous quilts by hand. Took in every stray person, especially children that needed a home. Made meals to die for. Dressed like a teenager, ironed her sheets, and drank like a sailor.

Give you the shirt off her back, screw her over, she would beat you with her hammer!

I always wanted to be like her. I am on marriage 4, I think I will stop here. Lol
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:42 AM

honestly, she sounds like she was mentally ill...married SIX times????  come on.....who in their RIGHT mind does that?

jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this
She didn't take crap and, 3 of them died...hmmm, maybe she was mentally ill. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

honestly, she sounds like she was mentally ill...married SIX times????  come on.....who in their RIGHT mind does that?

jspee10
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:46 AM
I think I'm pretty kick ass. I have a 3 year d boy and step mom to 3 other boys n work two jobs and am going to school for my masters.
Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:50 AM
2 moms liked this
My mom is kick ass! She raised 4 kids on her own, worked 2 jobs and went to school. She has a master's in social work. She is just amazing!
jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Aww that is great! Always love to hear when people have awesome moms.

Quoting Bubbie0809: My mom is kick ass! She raised 4 kids on her own, worked 2 jobs and went to school. She has a master's in social work. She is just amazing!
Tigress22304
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this

my great grandmother born during rthe great depression-married twice-had 6 kids both husbands died young-single mom-raised her kids with an iron first-she worked as a nurse in a mental institution.....also was involved in politics-was the first woman in her town to do so-won many awards and did a lot of good for her town

there are so many awesome stories I could share-but I'd just start crying because you had to be there to know her and love her....she was  one hell of a woman.

Hoppers33
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:55 AM
My dad's mom was kick ass. My uncle was married toa crazy woman a long time ago and she beat him with a baseball bat and sent him to the hospital. My tiny 85lb grandma , in turn, beat her with a telephone reciever. I know this doesn't scream stability, but it's my uncle's favorite story.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:56 AM

My aunt.  She has never been married and never had any kids but is always with a guy - usually much younger.  She spent most of her adult life teaching skiing during the winter and surfing during the summer.  She retired from both those gigs at 60 and has been just racing sled dogs for the past 10 years.  She also has an amazing "bucket list" and is sure to check items off every year.  Last month she went bungee jumping at Victoria Falls.  Yeah, she is kick ass!

jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:56 AM
Amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Quoting Tigress22304:

my great grandmother born during rthe great depression-married twice-had 6 kids both husbands died young-single mom-raised her kids with an iron first-she worked as a nurse in a mental institution.....also was involved in politics-was the first woman in her town to do so-won many awards and did a lot of good for her town

there are so many awesome stories I could share-but I'd just start crying because you had to be there to know her and love her....she was  one hell of a woman.

jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:57 AM
LMAO! Thats dysfunctional hilarious.

Quoting Hoppers33: My dad's mom was kick ass. My uncle was married toa crazy woman a long time ago and she beat him with a baseball bat and sent him to the hospital. My tiny 85lb grandma , in turn, beat her with a telephone reciever. I know this doesn't scream stability, but it's my uncle's favorite story.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)