Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if you do NOT IMMUNIZE in sc..... HELP

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 78 Replies
OK this is not to be a debate..... I DO NOT IMMUNIZE my children. ...Idc what you think.

Anyway I just moved to sc the school has already been giving me hell. I have to go out of town to deal with the health department and I can't get them to return my calls. Back home you go in and they just give you a card that the parent fills out and turns into the school/daycare. I know they told me here I would have to deal with a nurse.

Has anybody dealt with this process? I'd really like some more info before I drive up there.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Help on the way....hang on..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Bump
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:53 AM

I am not in SC, but what are the laws there? What are the grounds for waivers available?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Just go down there, and demand one..stop calling them, just show up at the office and get it

Quote:

Question:
How can I obtain a South Carolina Certificate of Religious Exemption?

Answer:
A religious exemption may be granted to any student whose parents, parent, guardian, or person in loco parentis signs and has notarized the appropriate section (Statement of Religious Objection) of the South Carolina Certificate of Religious Exemption. The South Carolina Certificate of Religious Exemption may only be obtained at a county public health department. Forms cannot be e-mailed or mailed.

http://www.scdhec.gov/health/disease/immunization/faq.htm#exemption3

LectioDivina
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:55 AM
There's no religious exemption form?
jamelame
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:55 AM
5 moms liked this

Guess what? There is a reason it's so difficult. It's because you are risking the health of your child and the other kids at the school. Don't bitch about it being hard, it should be even harder to do something so monumentally stupid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:56 AM

there is..she has to go down to the health dept in person and pick it up

Quoting LectioDivina: There's no religious exemption form?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:56 AM
3 moms liked this

oh shut the fuck up...you have NO idea what the fuck your'e talking about

Quoting jamelame:

Guess what? There is a reason it's so difficult. It's because you are risking the health of your child and the other kids at the school. Don't bitch about it being hard, it should be even harder to do something so monumentally stupid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:57 AM
Thank you. ... I'm going in a little bit

Quoting Anonymous:

Just go down there, and demand one..stop calling them, just show up at the office and get it

Quote:

Question:How can I obtain a South Carolina Certificate of Religious Exemption?

Answer:A religious exemption may be granted to any student whose parents, parent, guardian, or person in loco parentis signs and has notarized the appropriate section (Statement of Religious Objection) of the South Carolina Certificate of Religious Exemption. The South Carolina Certificate of Religious Exemption may only be obtained at a county public health department. Forms cannot be e-mailed or mailed.

http://www.scdhec.gov/health/disease/immunization/faq.htm#exemption3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN