Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Good point... Anyone with a LOGICAL argument to this? (Notice I asked for a logical argument and not a religious one).

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

ETA: to all of the people already bringing their "god" and religion into this, it isn't needed. I asked for a logical argument. Not a religious one.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:07 AM
Replies (511-515):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on May. 8, 2014 at 4:40 PM

No, but I am smart enough to have actually done the research. Every scientific mind says that most of what has been labeled "homosexual" behavior in animals is NOT a homosexual preference over hetrosexual, but some (around 10%) animals engage in BIsexual activity. It is extremely rare to have an animal choose exclusively homosexual activity. Why don't you take 15 minutes and actually educate yourself.

Quoting Anonymous: If its on a biased website, I believe NONE of it. Anyone can turn quotes around to make it into something different. Do you always believe everything you read on the Internet?
Quoting Anonymous:

The scientists, they are biased sources?The head of anthropology, and the man who wrote the book entitled "Biological Exuberance". Those are biased sources. 

Quoting Anonymous: Nope. Not a reliable source. It's a biased source.
Quoting Anonymous:

Did you bother to read the article and the people quoted? Guess not.

Quoting Anonymous: Not a reliable source. Try again.
Quoting Anonymous:

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2005/jun/16/thisweekssciencequestions2

But as researchers point out, occasional homosexual behaviour is not the same as exclusive homosexuality.

Quoting Anonymous: Until you find a source that says so, your argument has no merit. And not just any source, must be an unbiased source... And no Wikipedia and no .com
Quoting Anonymous:

There is very little data that shows exclusively homosexual behavior in animals. I would consider this to be aberent behavior that should be considered unhealthy. It is likely a sign of dysfunction.

Quoting Anonymous: Okay I will play along. So even if it is rare, it still happens. Doesn't matter when scientists noticed it, we have proof it happens. Where is your argument?
Quoting Anonymous:

Yes it is. And science only started to notice it after homosexuality became acceptable in society...that seems odd...

Quoting Anonymous: No it's not. Address my argument.
Quoting Anonymous:

It is extremely rare.

Quoting Anonymous: What about animals in nature that display homosexual tendencies? That natural enough for you?
Quoting Anonymous:

I gave a logical argument against homosexuality. The OP brought up cars, those are not made by nature. 

Quoting Misstearia: Man-made as in inherent within themselves, yes.
Quoting Anonymous:

Do you disagree that it is a logical argument? I believe cars are man made, do you believe homosexuality is as well?

Quoting Anonymous: Nature didnt make cars instead gave us feet. But I bet you own a car, or have used a car.
Quoting Anonymous:

Because nature clearly meant for a penis to go inside a vagina so that we could make new humans.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2014 at 5:55 PM
Sources then. And reliable ones. You know, since you've done so much research.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, but I am smart enough to have actually done the research. Every scientific mind says that most of what has been labeled "homosexual" behavior in animals is NOT a homosexual preference over hetrosexual, but some (around 10%) animals engage in BIsexual activity. It is extremely rare to have an animal choose exclusively homosexual activity. Why don't you take 15 minutes and actually educate yourself.

Quoting Anonymous: If its on a biased website, I believe NONE of it. Anyone can turn quotes around to make it into something different. Do you always believe everything you read on the Internet?

Quoting Anonymous:

The scientists, they are biased sources?The head of anthropology, and the man who wrote the book entitled "Biological Exuberance". Those are biased sources. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

But as researchers point out, occasional homosexual behaviour is not the same as exclusive homosexuality.

Quoting Anonymous: Until you find a source that says so, your argument has no merit. And not just any source, must be an unbiased source... And no Wikipedia and no .com

Quoting Anonymous:

There is very little data that shows exclusively homosexual behavior in animals. I would consider this to be aberent behavior that should be considered unhealthy. It is likely a sign of dysfunction.

Quoting Anonymous: Okay I will play along. So even if it is rare, it still happens. Doesn't matter when scientists noticed it, we have proof it happens. Where is your argument?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes it is. And science only started to notice it after homosexuality became acceptable in society...that seems odd...

Quoting Anonymous:

It is extremely rare.

Quoting Anonymous: What about animals in nature that display homosexual tendencies? That natural enough for you?

Quoting Anonymous:

I gave a logical argument against homosexuality. The OP brought up cars, those are not made by nature. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you disagree that it is a logical argument? I believe cars are man made, do you believe homosexuality is as well?

Quoting Anonymous: Nature didnt make cars instead gave us feet. But I bet you own a car, or have used a car.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because nature clearly meant for a penis to go inside a vagina so that we could make new humans.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on May. 8, 2014 at 5:59 PM

I read the damn book! Are you under the impression that everything in the world has a link? Do you have access to scientific journals even if I did give you a link, or are you going to read an abstract and then assume you understood?

Quoting Anonymous: Sources then. And reliable ones. You know, since you've done so much research.
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

It is extremely rare.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 55 on May. 8, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Ok....I must butt in. The original person who posted this does not want an argument that contains religion. Ok so that eliminates a large group of people who will disagree with her. She also does not want an argument that she considers illogical, which eliminates another large group of people who will  disagree with her. She now wants you to provide sources, which eliminates another large group of people who don't have the time or energy to go around and do research. And now if you are finding resources that actually do disagree with her, they must be "biased" and "unreliable." Give me a break! Why didn't you just effing say "If you agree with homosexuality, talk to me. If you do not agree, I will stick my fingers in my ears and not listen & you don't stand a chance so "f" off. That would have been a lot easier for everyone. By the way, most articles that you read over the internet ARE biased one way or the other....especially about this topic. Something tells me that if it were an article that you agreed with, you would not call that one "biased"...that one would be "reliable."

Quoting Anonymous: Sources then. And reliable ones. You know, since you've done so much research.
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

It is extremely rare.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

AubreyRed
by on May. 10, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Quoting Anonymous: That changes nothing from my standpoint. I believe that it is a sin to live that lifestyle, therefore I do not support gay marriage.

It's good to see someone stand up in Mom Confessions. Thank you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)