Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*Holy s*** people are still replying to this* Women shouldn't wear PANTS

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:11 AM
  • 731 Replies
8 moms liked this

The replies to this post are super entertaining. Like I said before, I really dont give a shit what anyone else wears. This post is why I personally dont wear pants! I love dresses and maxi skirts. Its what works for me. I have a very physically demanding job, and it doesnt hinder that whatsoever. I have tailored jeans, and they still dont feel right. Women dont have natural curves in the middle of their hips where jeans sit. It just doesnt work for me. Im happy with my pretty dresses :) Rock your jeans. I dont give a crap. I dont judge you. I dont give it a second thought when I see girls wearing pants. I just love the fact that I am so comfortable and have freedom to move around without feeling constricted.

And to the people saying "Those photos arent accurate for jeans". No shit Sherlock. They were meant to be funny examples.

I really dont care what you (or anyone else) are wearing. I seriously HATE pants! I have a big butt and hips, but a smaller waist, and medium sized thighs. Im 5'6 and average size (6). I personally HATE pants, and this is why.

1) Butt crack showing when bending over.

I can never seem to find a pair of jeans that doesnt show my ass crack if I am on my hands and knees bending over. I always have to pull my shirt back and cover that little spot between my back and shirt. Even if I buy long tank tops, I can still feel the pants going lower then I want them to go. Its uncomfortable as hell. With a dress, you dont have to worry about your ass crack sticking out! Hooray!

2) Sitting down is uncomfortable.

Im not a big gal at all, but when I sit down and im wearing a pair of blue jeans it totally gives me a muffin top in the front. This happened when I was a size 3 and when I was a size 10. Im a size 6 now. Not only does it make me self concious but its not comfortable at all to have jeans digging into you.

3) Dresses are cheaper!

You can get a whole outfit for just the price of jeans. No need to go buy an under shirt & a blouse. With a dress its pretty much all in one.

4) Its better for your health.

Studies show that wearing tight jeans can lead to poor vaginal health.

5) You dont have to worry about squeezing into them.

There have been times when I had to hop up and down, squat, and basically do a full yoga routine to get those fresh-out -of-the-dryer jeans over my bubble but and mommy hips. This is not a problem with dresses. At all. Time saver much?

6) Shopping for dresses is not as frustrating as shopping for jeans.

Chances are you have probably been frustrated a time or two while shopping for jeans. What women hasnt been? You try on 3-4 different pairs and none of them fit just right so you move on to the next store. And what the heck? Youre a size 5 at this store but a size 8 at the next one. Thats always a bummer. Most places that sell dresses sell them in a S, M, and L (unless you are buying something more fancy/formal). This takes away that feeling of "Oh crap I feel huge. I cant fit in these size 4 jeans!".

7) Modest

While its not my top concern, its a lot easier to be modest in a dress. Personally I LOVE long colorful maxi dresses. They cover me, but I still feel feminine and cute! Its nice for when you have to go to school functions or places you may not want to show skin, but still cool enough to wear in the summer. Super practical too.

8) Practical

Yes, practical. I wear dresses 99% of the time. I am always busy. Weather it be running the humane society, chasing after my kids (sometimes both), gardening, taking trash to the dump, or running the thrift shop. Its nice to be comfortable, and not have to worry about body parts sticking out that I would rather keep to myself (cough cough... butt crack...).

9) You will never have to worry about this:

or this

or this

or this

or this

10) Those "Anti muffin top/butt crack" things do not work.

They just dont. They roll up or down if you are bending over, and are a huge hassle to keep in place.

Here are some of my personal favorites as far as dresses go.

by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:12 AM
52 moms liked this

I hate dresses, I don't even own one and have not worn anything but pants in probably 8 years

cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:13 AM
7 moms liked this
I used to be strictly jeans and t shirt kind of girl. I've changed my mind. I'm a fan of skirts and dresses now.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:14 AM
25 moms liked this
I love the dresses!!! You just need jeans that fit properly though.
maminka-4
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:14 AM
2 moms liked this
I rarely wear jeans. Only if we go somewhere. I would rather where yoga type pants or skirts.

Where do you buy your skirts? I like them either mid calf or ankle length. And with a wider waistband.

I feel more feminine when I wear a skirt!! I need to find some more for the summer.

Oh, and I like dresses to but as I am still nursing my dd, I will have to hold off on those till next summer.
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:15 AM
66 moms liked this

You left out all the pictures of fatties wearing dresses as well. Don't discriminate :/

Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:15 AM
17 moms liked this
Or maybe you have an abnormally long ass crack. No shame, i am love jeans, my big booty and tiny hips and sassy legs are amazingly doable in jeans, me wearing a dress? I look like a chipmunk trying to channel it's feminine side.
Go jeans! But those dresses are pretty and i bet you look good in them.
And don't worry about my vagina health :)
i spread my legs and let the sun give it it's remedy.
YzmaRocks
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:15 AM
Gorgeous!

I wear pants sometimes because I love wearing pants BUT most pants don't fit me well either. :(

I do enjoy wearing skirts! Dresses are a pain because I am nursing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:15 AM
25 moms liked this
I like those dresses. Personally I am more comfortable in pants. My thighs rub together too much in dresses
imakehimscream
by He screams on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:15 AM
8 moms liked this
I'm trying to get into dresses since I have list 65 pounds
TygrrEyz
by Marie on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:16 AM
Same here!

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

I hate dresses, I don't even own one and have not worn anything but pants in probably 8 years

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN