Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The teacher gave her a zero, saying DD is lying, and I am livid!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 354 Replies
2 moms liked this

They're studying genetics in Health.  The whole eye color thing.  

The teacher gave the class an assignment to take as many pictures of family members eyes as possible and make a family tree.  If a picture is not available, at least write in an eye color.  

I don't have the pictures, we printed them and deleted them, but basically no one in our family has the same eye color.  

We have several shades of blue from almost colorless to a deep sapphire, a few grays like the sky right before the storm, various shades of brown from coal black to caramel colored, and me and my grandma have pine green eyes.  

For a quick example:
I have pine green eyes
DH has stormy sky gray
OS has sapphire blue (no, he isn't DH's, but his father has the same color of eyes, which was documented.)
OD has dark gray, almost the exact same shade as DH's
YD has light greenish gray with dark gray flecks like a cat
YS has dark gray but they have a green cast to them that almost makes them look brown in certain lights.

My brother has honey colored eyes
SIL has blue
Nephew has caramel colored eyes (slightly lighter colored than my brother)
Niece has dark chocolate colored eyes (they're almost as coal black as my grandpa's but not quite.)  

DD's teacher said NO family can have such varying shades, that DD did NOT do this assignment, she just pulled random pictures off the internet and she did it to make her family look unusual.  The hell she didn't do the assignment!  And those are real pictures of her family members eyes!

It is a "joke" on my moms side that all of her siblings have maple syrup colored eyes, they all married blue eyed people (various shades) and only ONE of us 11 grandchildren has brown eyes (my brother) and only ONE of us has green eyes (me) and all the rest of my cousins are blue eyed.  It is even more strange that all 20-something great-grandchildren have light blue eyes, except mine and my brothers kids.

I have an appointment to speak with her at 12:30 and to "prove" these are really pictures of our family.  I don't know how I am supposed to do that unless I take her to meet every single one of them in person!   

Update on the meeting is HERE

Several people have asked over and over why I didn't save the pictures.  They were pictures mainly of eyes, with the occasional nose or forehead.  They were not pictures of the whole face.  They were taken for a school project, printed straight from the camera, and deleted. I never thought I would need them again and they weren't something I really wanted to keep.  I didn't keep my other DD's pictures last year when we had to take pictures every 5 minutes of water freezing for a science project.  To me, they were the same. 

Also, the question keeps coming up about the descriptive colors.  DD did NOT put those on her project.  I put those in my post to show the different shades, which is what the teacher specifically pointed out in DD's pictures could NOT be true and be her family members because according to her, kids from the same bio parents have the same exact eye color, not different eye color and not different shades of one color.  

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:26 AM
7 moms liked this

you printed them but you dont have them? lmao

GamerMomma2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:27 AM

That teacher is a bi#%&!

TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:29 AM
12 moms liked this

Awful presumptious of her.  Studying genetics, she should know how many variables go into it and how varied it could be.  Update after the meeting please

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like the teacher is a idiot.
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:29 AM
How did you get the pictures to begin with? Just ask for them back or pull them off fb
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:29 AM
Interesting
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:29 AM
23 moms liked this

Ya I'm going with the teacher here!  You printed the pictures but don't have the pictures?  Suspect.  Also lmfao as your eye color descriptions,  pine green,  sapphire blue,  we know were daughter gets her over dramatic gene from!

Cutenessmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

MAke  EAT CROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)  She sucks at genetics!

My mom was born with brown eyes and  I was born blue eyes   and i am triracial I look like i just got off the boat from ireland minus the red hair LOL! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this

First world problems, eh?

Fairywings1223
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Can't you have family members send you some pics?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)