Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

C'mon, be brave!

What views do you hold that you know are unpopular, rather it be in real life or on CafeMom.

I think baby bikinis are tacky and creepy looking.

I don't think a woman should have to provide a reason for not breastfeeding. "I don't want to" should suffice.

I think bows on babies without hair look hilarious, but not necessarily cute.

I think people who label parenting are pretentious.

I don't think being a SAHM is a job.

I think people who start out sentences with "I'm not racist but..." are probably racist.

ETA a few more:

I think being against legalizing SSM makes you an asshole.

There's nothing wrong with selfies.

There's nothing wrong with dressing revealing, even for a mother.

Kids cursing is disgusting.

The "It's natural!' argument for brreastfeeding is overrated.

EVERY PARENT does lazy and selfish shit. EVERY.SINGLE.ONE. You're a liar if you claim otherwise.

Your turn.

by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 3:04 PM
Replies (31-40):
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 3:18 PM
10 moms liked this

A random guy, no. Someone you know and trust that can be a father figure (an uncle, a grandfather, a pastor, no necessarily a romantic other), yes.

Besides, my opinion is that kids deserve a mom and a dad. The fact that you were widowed is unfair both to you and your children and it has nothing to do with what they deserve. This world is no utopia; we have to make do with less-than-ideal circumstances frequently.

Quoting Anonymous: I disagree... My kids father is dead so he can't be involved... Should I go find a random guy so my kids can have a man in their life?
Quoting B1Bomber:

I think all children deserve a mother and a father, present and involved positively.

BCauseImAwesome
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I so agree with the baby bikini's. They gross me out.

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 3:18 PM
25 moms liked this

I hate Sponge Bob..

BCauseImAwesome
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 3:19 PM
46 moms liked this

I dont think anyone should be eligible to run for President of the US without having served in the military.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2014 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I am from a religous family, so my views on gay people having equal rights is frowned upon. I do think gay people should be able to get married and have kids.

I also fully support breastfeeding but I believe when your child is done eating, pull down your shirt. I was at a play group in a library and this woman had her shirt up exposing her breast the whole time. Her child was off playing with a group of kids, not eating. Her shirt was up for a good 20 minutes and she wasn't wearing a bra.

April620
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 3:20 PM
2 moms liked this
This

Quoting uhhnogirl: I get annoyed at how breastfeeding moms make such a big deal about it. Feed your kid and shut up. No one care about your tits.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 3:20 PM
6 moms liked this

The post is titled "unpopular opinions." All kids deserve the very best, and statistically (of course there are anecdotal exceptions), very little is better for kids than a healthy relationship with a mother and a father (not necessarily biological).

Quoting momof2girls220: So no same sex parents?
Quoting B1Bomber:

I think all children deserve a mother and a father, present and involved positively.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 30, 2014 at 3:22 PM
3 moms liked this

People who say "rather" when they mean "whether" bother me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 30, 2014 at 3:22 PM
14 moms liked this

I've said it before but I think PETA is a terrorist group. They try to scare or shame people into not wearing fur. If someone threw something at me for what I was wearing, I would press charges.

momof2girls220
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 3:22 PM
2 moms liked this
I know what its called, there is no stipulation that you may not question ones opinion. But yours is generally stupid on the face of it.

Quoting B1Bomber:

The post is titled "unpopular opinions." All kids deserve the very best, and statistically (of course there are anecdotal exceptions), very little is better for kids than a healthy relationship with a mother and a father (not necessarily biological).

Quoting momof2girls220: So no same sex parents?

Quoting B1Bomber:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN