Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

me and my big mouth

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
Ever tell someone you'd babysit and then instantly regret it? I don't want to watch my friends little boy tomorrow, he is in his terrible twos and is a holy terror. I felt bad and opened my mouth and said oh ill watch him until you can find daycare. I'm kicking myself in the ass right now. How would I go about getting out of this?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:00 PM

I dog sat for 10 days. And never even got a Thank You, so yeah! I won't volunteer for that ever again!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:02 PM
I will take a dog over a two year old that screams bloody murder when you say no lol

Quoting wooly:

I dog sat for 10 days. And never even got a Thank You, so yeah! I won't volunteer for that ever again!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:03 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Bump
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Not a dog that won't stay off your new leather furniture and won't even come to his name. The only thing the damn dog didn't do was piss on my floor!

Quoting Anonymous: I will take a dog over a two year old that screams bloody murder when you say no lol
Quoting wooly:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:05 PM
What kind of dog was he?

Quoting wooly:

Not a dog that won't stay off your new leather furniture and won't even come to his name. The only thing the damn dog didn't do was piss on my floor!

Quoting Anonymous: I will take a dog over a two year old that screams bloody murder when you say no lol

Quoting wooly:

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:06 PM
I'm a big believer in doing what you said you were going to do. No one forced you to volunteer. It's pretty shitty to back out now.
But you can amend it. Tell her something came up, and you can only watch junior for X amount of days or weeks, so she needs to find a daycare by then. Otherwise, she might take advantage of you.
You ARE being paid for your efforts, yes?
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:07 PM

You get out of it by doing some serious Google research and finding her a new daycare ;)

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:07 PM
^^edited typo. Canvassers amend, wtf phone? Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:07 PM
No. She doesn't have the money to pay me.

Quoting AngryBob: I'm a big believer in doing what you said you were going to do. No one forced you to volunteer. It's pretty shitty to back out now.
But you can amend it. Tell her something came up, and you can only watch junior for X amount of days or weeks, so she needs to find a daycare by then. Otherwise, she might take advantage of you.
You ARE being paid for your efforts, yes?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN