Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Write a letter to your kid tonight!

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:42 PM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I was going through my DH's stuff tonight and found these. I pray I find more. I sat down and wrote three letters to my girls tonight too. When they read these, their eyes lit up. You never know what tomorrow holds, so write your kids a letter and tell them you love them!
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Allie_kat1
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:45 PM
Did something happen to your DH? Either way that is very sweet that he wrote those for his girls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:46 PM
I made both my girls email addresses when they were younger and email them almost daily with thoughts, pictures little videos :)
IAMmomtotrips
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:47 PM
Yes, he was killed 19 days ago in New Orleans while training for the Ironman race. My BIL was also hit and has a broken spine (along with a slew of other injuries).

Here's a link to the story.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/04/ironman_cyclist_to_be_buried_s.html

Quoting Allie_kat1: Did something happen to your DH? Either way that is very sweet that he wrote those for his girls.
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:47 PM
DH and I have a journal that we write a letter to each other in every day. We also have one for our son. We take turns writing in it.
IAMmomtotrips
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:47 PM
That is a great idea.

Quoting mommy_me: I made both my girls email addresses when they were younger and email them almost daily with thoughts, pictures little videos :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:47 PM

I live this idea.

I recently found a sticky note where I wished my son good luck on a baseball game and told him I loved him....it was written a year ago and tucked away in his wallet. 

I can't believe he kept it. :)

P.s. I wasn't snooping, I tucked a few extra dollars in there for an after school treat.

IAMmomtotrips
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:48 PM
So sweet!

Quoting Anonymous:

I live this idea.

I recently found a sticky note where I wished my son good luck on a baseball game and told him I loved him....it was written a year ago and tucked away in his wallet. 

I can't believe he kept it. :)

P.s. I wasn't snooping, I tucked a few extra dollars in there for an after school treat.

mom2_2542
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:48 PM
That's beautiful. I'm sorry for your loss.
IAMmomtotrips
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:49 PM
Thank you. It's been a rough day all around.

Quoting mom2_2542: That's beautiful. I'm sorry for your loss.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Omg. ((((Hugs)))) :(

Your family has been in my prayers. 

guoting IAMmomtotrips: Yes, he was killed 19 days ago in New Orleans while training for the Ironman race. My BIL was also hit and has a broken spine (along with a slew of other injuries). Here's a link to the story. http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/04/ironman_cyclist_to_be_buried_s.html
Quoting Allie_kat1: Did something happen to your DH? Either way that is very sweet that he wrote those for his girls.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)