Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Write a letter to your kid tonight!

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

I was going through my DH's stuff tonight and found these. I pray I find more. I sat down and wrote three letters to my girls tonight too. When they read these, their eyes lit up. You never know what tomorrow holds, so write your kids a letter and tell them you love them!
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
IAMmomtotrips
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:52 PM
Thanks we need it! It's been a rough day. I cleaned his lockers out a work. All FIVE of them!! It was so sad!

Quoting Anonymous:

Omg. ((((Hugs)))) :(

Your family has been in my prayers. 

guoting IAMmomtotrips: Yes, he was killed 19 days ago in New Orleans while training for the Ironman race. My BIL was also hit and has a broken spine (along with a slew of other injuries).

Here's a link to the story.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/04/ironman_cyclist_to_be_buried_s.html

Quoting Allie_kat1: Did something happen to your DH? Either way that is very sweet that he wrote those for his girls.

wamom223
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:53 PM

I am so sorry for your families loss.  I'm so glad he did that and it is something I think we will start doing.

Allie_kat1
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:53 PM
Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry. I'm sure your girls will treasure those letters, and I hope you find more. I can't imagine how rough things must be for you and your children right now :(

Quoting IAMmomtotrips: Yes, he was killed 19 days ago in New Orleans while training for the Ironman race. My BIL was also hit and has a broken spine (along with a slew of other injuries).

Here's a link to the story.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/04/ironman_cyclist_to_be_buried_s.html

Quoting Allie_kat1: Did something happen to your DH? Either way that is very sweet that he wrote those for his girls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:54 PM
So sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you are going through. This is a wonderful idea though. My son is only 2 but I think I will start writing letters to him. Thanks for the idea and the most positive thoughts are being sent your way. *hugs*
aurora.dove
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:57 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss :( These letters are something they will cherish for the rest of their lives. My DS has a letter from his father and I in his baby book that we wrote when he was born, but I haven't written one since. My SD lost her mother just 6 days before your husband passed and something like this would have been a huge comfort for her. I'm sure once we go through all of her belongings there will be something, she loved her kids more than anything. I think I'll take your advice though and sit down and write a letter to my DS, and a letter to my SD as well, letting them both know how much I love them and how important they are in my life. Thank you for sharing OP. These letters are beautiful. 

crysiann
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:58 PM
That is so sweet!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww. :*(

Stay strong.

Quoting IAMmomtotrips: Thanks we need it! It's been a rough day. I cleaned his lockers out a work. All FIVE of them!! It was so sad!
Quoting Anonymous:

Omg. ((((Hugs)))) :(

Your family has been in my prayers. 

guoting IAMmomtotrips: Yes, he was killed 19 days ago in New Orleans while training for the Ironman race. My BIL was also hit and has a broken spine (along with a slew of other injuries). Here's a link to the story. http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/04/ironman_cyclist_to_be_buried_s.html

Apr1l
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:59 PM
So so sorry for your loss
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imamomzilla
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:00 PM

hugs

miracleblues
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:03 PM
This brought tears tomy eyes. I have been praying for you guys everyday!! I'm so happy you found these! So touching and something forever to be cherished. I hope you are staying strong mama. My thoughts have been with you guys!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)