Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Write a letter to your kid tonight!

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

I was going through my DH's stuff tonight and found these. I pray I find more. I sat down and wrote three letters to my girls tonight too. When they read these, their eyes lit up. You never know what tomorrow holds, so write your kids a letter and tell them you love them!
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
IAMmomtotrips
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:52 PM
Thanks we need it! It's been a rough day. I cleaned his lockers out a work. All FIVE of them!! It was so sad!

Quoting Anonymous:

Omg. ((((Hugs)))) :(

Your family has been in my prayers. 

guoting IAMmomtotrips: Yes, he was killed 19 days ago in New Orleans while training for the Ironman race. My BIL was also hit and has a broken spine (along with a slew of other injuries).

Here's a link to the story.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/04/ironman_cyclist_to_be_buried_s.html

Quoting Allie_kat1: Did something happen to your DH? Either way that is very sweet that he wrote those for his girls.

wamom223
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:53 PM

I am so sorry for your families loss.  I'm so glad he did that and it is something I think we will start doing.

Allie_kat1
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:53 PM
Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry. I'm sure your girls will treasure those letters, and I hope you find more. I can't imagine how rough things must be for you and your children right now :(

Quoting IAMmomtotrips: Yes, he was killed 19 days ago in New Orleans while training for the Ironman race. My BIL was also hit and has a broken spine (along with a slew of other injuries).

Here's a link to the story.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/04/ironman_cyclist_to_be_buried_s.html

Quoting Allie_kat1: Did something happen to your DH? Either way that is very sweet that he wrote those for his girls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:54 PM
So sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you are going through. This is a wonderful idea though. My son is only 2 but I think I will start writing letters to him. Thanks for the idea and the most positive thoughts are being sent your way. *hugs*
aurora.dove
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:57 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss :( These letters are something they will cherish for the rest of their lives. My DS has a letter from his father and I in his baby book that we wrote when he was born, but I haven't written one since. My SD lost her mother just 6 days before your husband passed and something like this would have been a huge comfort for her. I'm sure once we go through all of her belongings there will be something, she loved her kids more than anything. I think I'll take your advice though and sit down and write a letter to my DS, and a letter to my SD as well, letting them both know how much I love them and how important they are in my life. Thank you for sharing OP. These letters are beautiful. 

crysiann
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:58 PM
That is so sweet!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww. :*(

Stay strong.

Quoting IAMmomtotrips: Thanks we need it! It's been a rough day. I cleaned his lockers out a work. All FIVE of them!! It was so sad!
Quoting Anonymous:

Omg. ((((Hugs)))) :(

Your family has been in my prayers. 

guoting IAMmomtotrips: Yes, he was killed 19 days ago in New Orleans while training for the Ironman race. My BIL was also hit and has a broken spine (along with a slew of other injuries). Here's a link to the story. http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/04/ironman_cyclist_to_be_buried_s.html

Apr1l
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:59 PM
So so sorry for your loss
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imamomzilla
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:00 PM

hugs

miracleblues
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:03 PM
This brought tears tomy eyes. I have been praying for you guys everyday!! I'm so happy you found these! So touching and something forever to be cherished. I hope you are staying strong mama. My thoughts have been with you guys!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN